Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

College Basketball Recruiting

Reminds me of that little muscle kid a long time ago. Little Hercules? There was some top-tier parenting going on there, too.

The list is not good. Apparently Izzo and Few didn't even make the list according to the comment section. I didn't look to see if that was true or not because the top 10 was so bad that it's entirely believable.

The list is not good. Apparently Izzo and Few didn't even make the list according to the comment section. I didn't look to see if that was true or not because the top 10 was so bad that it's entirely believable.
I mean, Izzo shouldn't have. He's had a great program for 20 years and still struggles to land anyone in the top 50. Few not making the top 10 is not great.

Why not just do it by class rankings anyway? What possible criteria could there be beyond that? Scheyer would win. If it's "evaluation-based" then I would still argue that none of these guys are really doing better than Scheyer. Cal is an amazing evaluator of NBA talent -- possibly the best ever -- but he's a shitty evaluator of college talent. And by pure rankings his classes aren't any better than Scheyer's, assuming we can give Scheyer the lion's share of the credit for Duke's classes since Capel's departure.

I mean, Izzo shouldn't have. He's had a great program for 20 years and still struggles to land anyone in the top 50. Few not making the top 10 is not great.

I guess that's true. I was just thinking with his history and just getting Booker that he'd be on the list somewhere.

You think about how many opportunities LiAngelo Ball has been given disproportionate to his trash talent level just because of his brothers, and you realize LeBron’s sons are definitely going to be hooked up with NBA contracts. It doesn’t even matter if LeBron is still playing at that point.

This gives Ohio State 2 of the top 3 most coveted college recruits of our lifetimes.

1. Greg Oden
2. Bronny James
3. Dajuan Wagner

Fun game to watch. Compass Prep controlled most of the game, but could never put Montverde away, which hurt them. Flagg followed a missed bunny from Sean Stewart to send it to overtime. In overtime Montverde took over, outscoring Compass 10-3.

Sean Stewart got player of the game from the ESPN crew. He’s going to be so fun at Duke. You don’t need to run anything for him on offense (outside of maybe some lob sets and BLOB stuff) for him to have an impact on the game. Plays harder than anyone else on the court, great athlete, great teammate.

Some kid named Chris Johnson going to Kansas was great. 6-5ish, great scorer, looked like the best shooter on the court to me, had some dagger shots. He’ll be a load at Kansas.

Flagg’s decision to go to Montverde is so interesting. He could be the man at literally every other program in America except the team he’s on. He was great while I watched. I still have a hard time accepting that he’s only a sophomore given his talent, maturity, and demeanor. Barring injury or something else unforeseen, he’s got a ridiculous future ahead. Didn’t have a huge stat line (probably filled all the boxes, but not huge totals in any one area), but had a big impact on the game. Just so, so good.

Really focused on the Zayden High kid that just committed to Carolina. He’s not bad, played a lot in the high post, doing some stuff on the perimeter. I thought he handled the ball well out there, able to use the dribble to put himself in better position near the cup, had a beautiful off the dribble no look pass to a teammate. Interested to see more. First glance he looks better than I was hoping, though I didn’t see much in the way of shooting, which differs from some of the scouting reports I’d read on him.

Power is probably underranked. This is a lazy white-to-white comparison, but he's Singler-like.

I don't know about the strength of the class overall, but I really love the way the pieces fit in Duke's class. Tons of shooting. Good size while still being defensively versatile. Much higher on next year's team than this one, particularly if Proctor needs to return.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom