Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Comedy

That guy rocks. The basketball podcast I listen to the most, No Dunks, has been using him in their cold opens. Really sums up all my thoughts while working in retail or food service.

On another note, I love Bo Burnham so much. I'm going to watch his new special later today. It's supposed to be amazing. This song's a banger.

Seeing Comedy Bang Bang live in Charlotte in 45 minutes.

On another note, I hate Charlotte. Getting here was miserable. I will say that they have great restaurants though. Eating some awesome ramen. I know they have great Vietnamese and Ethiopian as well from my time practicing with a band here.

I'll try to take a photo if it seems socially acceptable (of CBB, not the ramen).

Conan apparently didn't even know the show was happening until someone asked him if he was in town for the "big show." Once he learned it was CBB, he just walked over to the theater unannounced. He asked security if he could go backstage and they were like, "I don't know about that." But then someone who actually recognized him came along and was like "Umm, yeah, I think we can let him in."

One final thought about Conan and then I'll stop posting in this thread:

Back in the '90s when he had his first talk show, I thought it was by far the best of the late night shows. He got a little stale later. So it's nice to see him back in a format where he can be himself and be reminded of how funny he actually is. I mean, the man wrote the monorail episode of The Simpsons. He's a comedic genius. I feel like he didn't get to show the best of himself as his profile became bigger and bigger.

Back in the mid '90s, he would do weird ass skits like Practical Jokes on Inanimate Objects. "We put this fan in a room that's already cold. Wait until you see the look on its face..."

I felt like by the mid-2000s he would simply repeat the same jokes about how ugly and pale he was over and over. Also, he was always better when riffing off Andy Richter.

But maybe I just missed out on that post-midnight era, idk. Tbh, I'm not sure what eras Richter was there and not. I know he was there early, then not there for a while, then came back, etc.

Nothing will top the "Walker Texas Ranger" era of Conan's show. Those were always the funniest segments, just random cuts from a random episode of Walker.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom