Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Cooper Flagg

He was 2nd on Montverde in rebounds per game and tripled the next best teammate in blocks per game. We can call Flagg whatever position he wants, but he’s functionally going to be a PF based on what he does on the court, unless Scheyer goes full bigball with no shooting from C and PF.

I don't get why these parents want their kids to play positions they have no chance of playing in the NBA. You'd think they'd be more informed about the league that going to make them multimillionaires.

I read a cool article about Jaren Jackson's dad once. He had him shooting a lot of threes before it was fashionable because he could tell that was the way the big man position was heading. He didn't think Jaren should play the 3. He thought he should play center but be able to space the floor.

Every other parent seems to be fucking stupid about this shit.

I prefer to look at progress, Proctor was 32% 1st year, 35% sec year, so I think it's reasonable to think that he can do 36-37% next year.
Flagg went from 30% to 33% in EYBL and 26% to 39% in the regular season from 22 to 23. Plus we'll have shooting from KK, Evans, Harris, (and maybe Schutt and Power) next year also.

Also, why is Maluach bad? He looks to have a better looking 3pt form than Lively or Flip, IMO.

I'll believe Maluach is going to shoot threes well and at meaningful volume when I see it. Even if he takes three a game (unlikely) and makes 40% that still leaves him in the lane for the vast majority of the game. You've really got to be a Frank Kaminsky to create enough space at that position to offset poor spacing elsewhere.

It never makes sense to me to have a guy at the 4 who does not have to be guarded outside of 10 feet. People keep penciling Sean Stewart in there, I guess because he really is a supreme defensive rebounder, but that's the part that makes these lineups seem weird spacing-wise to me.

Going from "Mark Mitchell transferred and that's okay because the fit alongside Flagg on offense would be iffy" to "let's start Sean Stewart alongside Flagg (with another 5)" doesn't unfuck the spacing.

It never makes sense to me to have a guy at the 4 who does not have to be guarded outside of 10 feet. People keep penciling Sean Stewart in there, I guess because he really is a supreme defensive rebounder, but that's the part that makes these lineups seem weird spacing-wise to me.

Going from "Mark Mitchell transferred and that's okay because the fit alongside Flagg on offense would be iffy" to "let's start Sean Stewart alongside Flagg (with another 5)" doesn't unfuck the spacing.

Kham is going to play an absolute max of 20-25 mins in most games this year, there's enough minutes alone for Stewart to just back him up, or even start over him, to begin with. Is there any evidence that Stewart himself can even play starters minutes without fouling out right now?

I think Scheyer will have Ngongba fill in the center minutes behind Maluach. As huge a net positive as it would be if Ngongba is unplayable (or decommits) and Stewart learns nothing this offseason (or transfers), I don’t think we’re going to be that lucky. Those guys will likely stick around and be decent.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Stewart will play not because he can space the floor horizontally, but because he can space the floor vertically as a lob threat. He will also be a monster on the offensive boards and those could turn into wide open perimeter 3s via the kick out, or dunks and put back inside by him.

According to BT, among all High Major players who played at least 18% of his teams minutes this year, Sean Stewart had the 2nd highest OR%, ahead of Zach Edey who finished 3rd. With the same criteria, he had the 18th highest DR%, If he can maintain those levels of production, and improve his defensive awareness in the off season. I don't see how Scheyer keeps him off the floor.

Last edited:

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom