Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

COVID-19

Again, there are people cheering this.

Duke University Hospital has multiple medical tents outside the ER in preparation for a possible surge of patients. Durham's coronavirus cases have increased sharply after 15 Duke students tested positive for coronavirus after an overseas trip.

from wral.com

for some reason, we have not been informed of this by Duke

My cousin went out to eat in DC area last night against my advice. He says it's a fear-mongering scam.

I didn't respond to ensure some sort of familial comity. Generally against my protocol to argue with family.

Then he messages me this morning saying he "feels fine" and isn't sick. Seemingly oblivious to what an incubation period is.

Idiotic. Selfish. Repugnant. God help us.

My girlfriend works in the ICU and they received their first corona virus patient on their floor last night. She actually can't tend to any patients with corona virus, because when they were fitting all employees for those masks (I think they are called n19??) the two options which were available didn't fit her face properly and when they sprayed the aerosol she was able to smell it.

Anyway, as a result of this, we won't be seeing each other for a while and will be communicating via facetime. We will watch a lot of Netflix by using the "Netflix Party" extension on Chrome.

There are multiple corona virus patients in her hospital, but that was the first one to reach her floor. She said the anxiety/worry is beginning to creep throughout the hospital, and that she's very worried because she works with a few nurses who she described as elderly. She's anticipating they will be over burdened soon.

I’m very doubtful 3.5 million people will die in Iran

I agree. That's ridiculous.

The Diamond Princess was the ideal laboratory for a study on this thing. 19% infected and 1% of those died.

Iran has a population of 82 million. So that's like 155,000 deaths if we assume perfect conditions for spread and no social distancing.

Horrible but not the plague.

The fact that the Chinese government is telling its people that the US Military is responsible, AND that they are now banning and removing foreign journalists, is something which I find extremely worrying.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom