Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Death Pool

That is horrifically fucked up. No cause of death in the release probably suggests something that makes it even sadder. Poor RJ and his family.

Sadly, I know from personal experience that it takes forever to get an official cause of death. My brother died November 20th and we didn't get an official cause of death until almost the end of February. If it isn't an obvious cause of death, they usually won't say anything.

Peter Higgs, of the 'God particle' fame. Read a bio of him once. Interesting dude. Brilliant, but kind of caught lightning in a bottle and was (at least from what I could tell) not considered one of the true geniuses of particle physics. Got as famous as anyone in the field is likely to, but never owned a cell phone and was very old-fashioned and private. Seemed like a really good guy who took a pretty wild ride of a life in stride.

He was always so conspicuously absent from all of the ATLAS work at CERN, he wasn't really much of an insider in that work years later. I've not read a bio specifically of his, but read Most Wanted Particle by Butterworth last month and IIRC Higgs was barely mentioned.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom