Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player DJ Steward

Updated OAD list @DurhamSon

1. Zion - King.
2. Tyus - Stones.
3. Winslow - We don't win the title without his lockdown D and 40% 3 pt shooting. Came up huge especially in the Houston regional.
4. Irving - Only getting 11 games out of him will always anger me. Ranked this high due to how elite he was pre-injury.
5. Bagley - I know his defense was awful and his fit questionable, but I enjoyed him a lot. He could rack up those 30 point, 20 rebound statlines.
6. Ingram - He and the 2016 team were fun. No real complaints.
7. Carter - Anchor on the inside. If only he hadn't choked that layup against Kansas.
8. Tatum - Fun player, but his team decidedly wasn't.
9. Carey - THE BIG HOSS!
10. Rivers - The Shot
11. Barrett - Disappointment relative to expectations, but he did have some monster games.
12. Stanley - I enjoyed his ridiculous athleticism.
13. Okafor - Was never a fan of Oakball, though this might be a bit low for him.
14. Parker - He played no defense and 2014 was a disgusting mess, so I don't have many good memories.
15. Trent Jr. - Great shooter who was the missing piece from the 2019 team.
16. Reddish - I was expecting a 38-40% 3 point shooter who could dribble the basketball. Those 3s against FSU and UCF were memorable at least.
17. Duval - Mistake prone player who couldn't shoot, part of the clusterfuck the PG position has been in the non-Jones seasons.
18. Giles - Destroyed by injuries, shame. Always played hard and seemed like a good guy, but one of our least impactful OADs.
19. Frank Jackson - I still forget he played for Duke sometimes.
20. Steward - Leaving to almost certainly go undrafted after a decent at best freshman season on a 13-11 team. Bye.
21. Jalen - Trash.

Goldwire leaving makes less and less sense. It makes me wonder if things behind the scenes were worse than they seemed. I never felt any chemistry issues with this team (after Jalen's departure, anyway).

Why would he be at Duke for five years and then bolt to play somewhere else for a year? Evidently there is some other stuff going on and it hasn't anything to do with a Masters degree.

I'm not sure how much success we'll have in the transfer portal. Most guys transfer to find spots where they can play more. We need transfers who are content being back-ups
Are there any really good players out there who want to play less?

What we actually need is someone in a Seth Curry situation. Someone way too good for his small school who wants greater visibility and better competition.

How about this guy? Ranked a few spots below Steward, entered the portal today and is also from Chicago. Like Steward, also shot 34 percent from 3 and came in with a shooters reputation. If we do this quickly, K might not even realize we made a swap.

I'm not sure how much success we'll have in the transfer portal. Most guys transfer to find spots where they can play more. We need transfers who are content being back-ups

What we actually need is someone in a Seth Curry situation. Someone way too good for his small school who wants greater visibility and better competition.
do those players exist? Seth wasn't great for us right away either - took some adjustment/time

Freshman Keels for Freshman Steward feels like a slight upgrade. Though I was looking forward to a bigger upgrade from soph Steward.

I think we have four guys for 120 minutes at the 1-3 spots between Roach, Keels, Moore and Griffin. So we have room for a fifth who would get real playing time and it doesn’t have to be some shithead. k just has to get off of his ass and sell it and I don’t think it’s a difficult pitch.

While I am disappointed, better this happen today then dick around until July for him to turn around and fuck us.

Virginia has like nobody on their roster. Villanova is losing guys left and right. The stable programs aren’t even immune. Agree this isn’t a Duke thing, at least this year.

Am I the only one just disgusted with the current path of college basketball? This portal is awful, kids leaving to become not even 2nd round draft picks. Feels like the sport will be dead in about 2-3 years at this rate

There's just no way they can get rid of the transfer redshirt rule after seeing the effects this year. If 25%+ of the players in the division transfer every year, it's suicide for the sport

Virginia has like nobody on their roster. Villanova is losing guys left and right. The stable programs aren’t even immune. Agree this isn’t a Duke thing, at least this year.

Insane that UNC rode a core of 4-5 star players who stayed 3-4 years to back to back Final Fours and a title a mere 4-5 years ago. I'm not even sure UVA keeps that Guy-Jerome-Hunter core together for 3 years now, and that was in fucking 2018-19.

do those players exist? Seth wasn't great for us right away either - took some adjustment/time
Seth was pretty good in his first year, just in a limited role. And you have to consider who he was playing alongside. If Seth joined next year's team he'd play 35 minutes and average 16 ppg right away.

But seriously college basketball is garbage now. Barely watched any this season and don’t think that will be changing anytime soon.

1. Zion - King.
2. Tyus - Stones.
3. Winslow - We don't win the title without his lockdown D and 40% 3 pt shooting. Came up huge especially in the Houston regional.
4. Irving - Only getting 11 games out of him will always anger me. Ranked this high due to how elite he was pre-injury.
5. Bagley - I know his defense was awful and his fit questionable, but I enjoyed him a lot. He could rack up those 30 point, 20 rebound statlines.
7. Carter - Anchor on the inside. If only he hadn't choked that layup against Kansas.
9. Carey - THE BIG HOSS!
10. Rivers - The Shot
11. Barrett - Disappointment relative to expectations, but he did have some monster games.
13. Okafor - Was never a fan of Oakball, though this might be a bit low for him.
14. Parker - He played no defense and 2014 was a disgusting mess, so I don't have many good memories.
16. Reddish - I was expecting a 38-40% 3 point shooter who could dribble the basketball. Those 3s against FSU and UCF were memorable at least.
17. Duval - Mistake prone player who couldn't shoot, part of the clusterfuck the PG position has been in the non-Jones seasons.
18. Giles - Destroyed by injuries, shame. Always played hard and seemed like a good guy, but one of our least impactful OADs.
20. Steward - Leaving to almost certainly go undrafted after a decent at best freshman season on a 13-11 team. Bye.
21. Jalen - Trash.
Maggette and Deng

1. Zion - King.
2. Tyus - Stones.
9. Carey - THE BIG HOSS!
10. Rivers - The Shot
21. Jalen - Trash.
Maggette and Deng

I started this list with Kyrie, as to me that was the beginning of the OAD era at Duke. I'd probably put Deng at 8th and Maggette at 12th if I were to include them as well.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom