Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke at Florida State - Sat, Feb 2, 2:00pm ESPN

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Another road game while missing a top 10 overall player in college basketball.

Michael-Snaer-FSU-at-Duke-Getty.jpg

FSU-Duke-celebrate-Chuck-Liddy-Raleigh.jpg

michael-snaer-florida-state-VS-duke.jpg

No-4-Dukes-home-win-streak-snapped-H1SCOT6-x-large.jpg

FSU is 12-8 overall after playing the 20th toughest schedule.
FSU is 4-3 in the ACC with their only losses at Miami, at Virginia and vs UNC.

Kenpom ratings:
#92 overall
#85 offense
#119 defense
#85 tempo

Notable results:
Lost vs #190 South Alabama by 5
Lost vs common opponent Minnesota by 9 (Duke won by 19)
Lost vs #191 Mercer by 5
Lost vs #1 Florida by 25
Lost at #170 Auburn by 6
Lost at common opponent Miami by 24 (Duke lost by 27)

Notable team rankings:
#27 block%
#49 FTA/FGA (they draw lots of fouls)
#248 opponent 3ptA/FGA (they give up lots of 3pt attempts)
#249 assist/turnover
#255 turnover%
#296 defensive rebounding%

Starters:
PG Terry Whisnant II, 6-3 185, sophomore
SG Michael Snaer, 6-5 202, senior
SF Montay Brandon, 6-7 216, freshman
PF Okaro White, 6-8 204, junior
C Kiel Turpin, 7-0 240, junior

Bench:
F Terrance Shannon, 6-8 240, junior
G Ian Miller, 6-3 186, junior
G Devon Bookert, 6-3 180, freshman
G Aaron Thomas, 6-5 195, freshman
C Boris Bojanovsky, 7-3 240, freshman

Best players:
Michael Snaer: 14.2 pts, 4.6 reb, 2.5 ast, 1.0 stl, 41.5% fg, 39.4% 3pt, 79.3% ft, 25.0% Usg, 103.3 ORtg, 44.6% FTRate, 14.1% DReb, 0.9 ast/to
Okaro White: 12.7 pts, 5.5 reb, 1.4 blk, 1.1 stl, 48.5% fg, 35.2% 3pt, 80.9% ft, 21.6% Usg, 117.5 ORtg, 57.6% FTRate, 5.3% Blk

FSU has a bizarre rotation. They start the 7-footer Turpin, but he only plays 13 minutes. They don't start a point guard (Snaer leads the team in assists at 2.5 apg), but bring two off the bench (Miller and Bookert). They legitimately go 10 deep, which seems like the right thing to do when most of those 10 players are all the same quality. Bookert has been solid for a freshman point guard. Miller is just blah, much like the rest of the roster. Bojanovsky is a giant freshman, but is a terrible rebounder for his size. This is an atypically bad FSU team against whom Duke won't be justified using Kelly's injury as a crutch. If Snaer touches the ball on the final possession of a one possession game, many things will have gone wrong.

DukeNukem05 said:
p-p-p-p-pussy.
Trust me, I'm doing it for Duke's sake. Last student section Duke game I was in was 2011 after Kyrie went down.

Florida State sucks

I don't trust this Duke team to beat anybody on the road right now. it will be close.

oval4 said:
Florida State sucks

I don't trust this Duke team to beat anybody on the road right now. it will be close.

It could be close. I certainly feel the same about everything else.

JohaadDBC said:
DukeNukem05 said:
p-p-p-p-pussy.
Trust me, I'm doing it for Duke's sake. Last student section Duke game I was in was 2011 after Kyrie went down.
Ah, then your banishment from student sections should continue forever.

This FSU team rebounds even worse than our team did last year. Amile might see a lot of time in this one.

Damn. I was hoping that johaad could yell "DBC FO LIFE" in that microphone where you can always hear that one guy complaining about the refs.

Need this one...I guess my comment is redundant as they are all important games at this stage. We should handle these clowns, but FSU is always tough. For some reason Miller concerns me...Snaer will get his, like he always does.

As long as Snaer doesn't get his in the last five seconds, we should be good.

If Duke is up 3 with less than 10 seconds remaining, FSU ball, we have to hope next year's captain, the great Thornton, calls an audible on his own and gives a foul intentionally to put FSU at the line, because K will never call for that foul, even against the ACC version of Robert Horry. Thornton has to overrule K in that situation and do what he does best - foul.

We'll be up 2 and at the line and K will tell Marshall to miss intentionally so they can't set up a play for Snaer. He will hit the gamewinner anyway.

Josh Hairston will foul Snaer on a three-pointer. I don't know which will be worse: the loss or TDD's jubilation that they were proved right about Josh.

If anyone's fouling on a three-pointer, it's the Great One, Amile Jefferson.

He tried to do it twice on the same sequence last game. Didn't get called for the first so Wake ran the same play and he flew out in exactly the same way. It was amazing.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom