Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

Really excited about 2017-2018. Good things coming our way. I think we'll be MUCH better. If we lose Grayson and Luke, I think it will be addition by subtraction. Luke was so bad defensively, and Grayson was never really the Grayson of 2016. We won't be relying on a 6'8 wing at center. We will have a dynamite point guard.

Number 1 overall seed come March, probably.

37-3 with a couple of banners is my prediction. Best team since 1999.

Nailed it

3 months later and i'm still massively pissed and can't get over:

1) Certain players/staff choked a 3pt lead, with the ball, and :40 on the clock for a trip to the FINAL FOUR
2) The greatest frontcourt post duo in Duke history, and likely for decades if not our entire lives, was wasted by the lowest basketball IQ backcourt in the K era.

3 months later and i'm still massively pissed and can't get over:

1) Certain players/staff choked a 3pt lead, with the ball, and :40 on the clock for a trip to the FINAL FOUR
2) The greatest frontcourt post duo in Duke history, and likely for decades if not our entire lives, was wasted by the lowest basketball IQ backcourt in the K era.

His missed shot aside, Grayson did play well in the last few minutes of regulation.

The coaching decisions were perplexing and Devils had their asses handed to them on the boards.

The end of regulation and that bullshit charge call in OT were tough, but I still put it all on the halftime decision to switch defenses. I still have no idea wtf they were thinking. I think Duke wins somewhat comfortably if they had stayed the course. But I've been over it for a while now. It's what I've come to expect out of Duke basketball in the postseason these days. Plus, Nova finishing so strong makes a part of me glad Duke didn't have to get humiliated by a racist ginger in the Final Four.

I remain convinced that Nova would have skullfucked us in the FF, but the Kansas game will always make me angry when I think about it. We had no business losing to that shitty team. Terrible shooting/rebounding/coaching/refs, so much went wrong in that fucking disaster of a game.

I remain convinced that Nova would have skullfucked us in the FF, but the Kansas game will always make me angry when I think about it. We had no business losing to that shitty team. Terrible shooting/rebounding/coaching/refs, so much went wrong in that fucking disaster of a game.

Carter getting his shit pushed in by Luke 'Cro-Magnon' Maye, TWICE, which probably cost us a 1 seed, is still pretty enraging

Rewatching the MSU/Duke game from the Champions classic where Bagley went out early in the first half, and Grayson absolutely dropped his nutsack on Izzos forehead.

Wondering why we never utilized Goldwire more. He had some solid mins in this game, along with hitting a wide open 3. I feel like he can contribute somewhat, any thoughts?

Goldwire had ups and downs confidence-wise, like any freshman. He missed a number of shots in a row. His defense is always solid. I think his minutes will go up a bit this year.

Rewatching the MSU/Duke game from the Champions classic where Bagley went out early in the first half, and Grayson absolutely dropped his nutsack on Izzos forehead.

Wondering why we never utilized Goldwire more. He had some solid mins in this game, along with hitting a wide open 3. I feel like he can contribute somewhat, any thoughts?

I expect he'll see the floor in most games this year, surely <10 min/game.

Conservative ballhandling and solid D (as noted by others) are what I think we can expect. Anything else is gravy.

It's hard. I agree Seth Greenberg should do us all a favor and shut up. But Duval, man, what the fuck have you accomplished?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom