Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2021-2022

"The 2022 Phil Knight Legacy, hosted by Rip City Management, will also feature eight men's and four women's teams. The men's teams are Duke, Florida, Gonzaga, Oregon State, Portland State, Purdue, West Virginia and Xavier"

"The events will take place Nov. 24-27, 2022, across three Portland venues: the University of Portland's Chiles Center, Rose Quarter's Moda Center and Veterans Memorial Coliseum."

If by a while, you mean four games. I thought we made clear progress during our five-game win streak that was capped with the Carolina win.

I guess the only solace I can take from our misery at home is that we won’t have any home games during the ACCT/NCAAT.

The Net would have us as a 3. I've never gotten a clear answer on how the committee actually uses the Net, though.

I guess the second tweet offers a little bit of information on the topic, though it doesn't exactly offer much clarity. "No circumstances where NET wins the day" is an interesting statement.

We’re just not a very good basketball team. Solid enough to make the second weekend but beyond that I have my doubts. We fold a little too easily.

Duke is now 9-1 in their last 10. I think we’d have all taken this if offered it after the choke @ FSU dropped us to 4-2 in the ACC. The one loss being to fucking UVA at home is the frustrating part.

The path to the RS title is fairly simple now. 4-0 and we win it outright, 3-1 and at worst we get a share with ND, who we own the tiebreaker over. 2-2 would require another ND loss, which I’d rather not have to bank on, plus it would bump us down to a 3 seed.

Of course, in 2020 all we needed was a split @ Wake/UVA to clinch the RS title, and went on to lose both in infuriating fashion. Ever since 2015, with the exception of 2018, there has been that late February/early March stretch where we have played like shit and dropped a couple games. Lets avoid that this year.

The funny thing is by the numbers we play better in February than January. I guess that might say more about how goddawful we are in January than anything.

Looking back at who we’ve lost to in our late February/early March skids in recent years.

2021: 34 UNC, 37 GT, 59 Louisville
2020: 42 UVA, 50 NC State, 103 Wake (oof)
2019: 7 UNC x2, 13 VT
2017: 3 UNC, 42 Miami, 55 Syracuse
2016: 2 UNC, 7 Louisville, 37 Pitt

Other than 2020 Wake, these teams were all in the 50s at worst. This year we get 76 UVA, 71 Syracuse, 168 (!!!) Pitt, and 43 UNC. Anything worse than 3-1, and K should be fired all the way to Warsaw.

I’m fairly confident in the UVa and Pitt games. Cuse seems iffy.

If we lose to UNC in K’s last game in Cameron, the program should be shut down and the arena should be condemned.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom