Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2022-2023

Who will get the third assistant job? If it’s Wojo, we’re screwed. And as much as I love the guy, it doesn’t need to be Amile either. Bring in someone who will teach defense and rebounding.

Love smoked us with that three despite playing all 40 minutes. Mark got ungodly amounts of rest and missed two at the line

One thing has to change. Scheyer has to recognize the value of shooting. Next year’s team won’t have it, but surely he’ll start prioritizing it in recruiting.

It's hard to say he will prioritize it in recruiting when he has had full control of the recruiting decisions and he's recruited only one shooter in the incoming class.

Love smoked us with that three despite playing all 40 minutes. Mark got ungodly amounts of rest and missed two at the line

checking play by play and it shows Puff Johnson making two clutch free throws. He couldn’t have taken more than 10 all season, and somehow Mark can’t nut up and make at least one in that situation?

checking play by play and it shows Puff Johnson making two clutch free throws. He couldn’t have taken more than 10 all season, and somehow Mark can’t nut up and make at least one in that situation?
Hey, don’t ruin this thread already.

One thing has to change. Scheyer has to recognize the value of shooting. Next year’s team won’t have it, but surely he’ll start prioritizing it in recruiting.

It's hard to say he will prioritize it in recruiting when he has had full control of the recruiting decisions and he's recruited only one shooter in the incoming class.

we’ll see, I don’t think taking Theo was a Scheyer move. Shooting will probably be even worse next year though

Next year will have to be a 2015 UK def and OReb style team if they want to have good success. If it weren’t Scheyer’s first team, I probably wouldn’t tune in for that.

Hey, don’t ruin this thread already.

I don't even know what he's talking about, but it's definitely not 2022-23 Duke Basketball

Here are the 2023 NCAA Tournament sites. Get accustomed to all of them, because a top seed is no longer guaranteed:

First FourDayton, OhioUD ArenaMarch 14 -15University of Dayton
First/SecondAlbany, N.Y.MVP ArenaMarch 17 - 19Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
First/SecondBirmingham, Ala.Legacy ArenaMarch 16 - 18Southeastern Conference
First/SecondColumbus, OhioNationwide ArenaMarch 17 - 19The Ohio State University
First/SecondDenverBall ArenaMarch 17 - 19Mountain West Conference
First/SecondDes Moines, IowaWells Fargo ArenaMarch 16 - 18Drake University
First/SecondGreensboro, N.C.Greensboro ColiseumMarch 17 - 19Atlantic Coast Conference
First/SecondOrlando, Fla.Amway CenterMarch 16 - 18University of Central Florida
First/SecondSacramento, Calif. Golden 1 CenterMarch 16 - 18California State University, Sacramento
Midwest RegionalKansas City, Mo.T-Mobile CenterMarch 24 - 26Big 12 Conference
West Regional Las VegasT-Mobile ArenaMarch 23 - 25University of Nevada, Las Vegas
South Regional Louisville, Ky.KFC YUM! CenterMarch 24 - 26University of Louisville
East RegionalNew YorkMadison Square GardenMarch 23 - 25Big East Conference / St. John's University

Also, the NIT is moving its final four away from Madison Square Garden. Could be relevant!

I think people are underestimating how important the next few weeks are. We don't know if the new coach will be bad. We don't know who will be on the staff. We don't know who the players will be beyond 4-5 guys, and I guess Sav.

Assuming Scheyer recruits well, I hope we focus on actual roster construction and sound defensive principles. I don’t disagree the need for OADs esp from an offensive perspective, but I don’t think K’s defense that is easily teachable to OADs.
We also need better point guards/game managers. The Jalen Brunson/Jones brothers types.

I feel like that would solve 80% of our issues that have plagued K in the back quarter of his career.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom