Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-Florida prediction thread

Guess who's back? Tatum's back (to tune of Eminem's "Without Me")

• Duke by > 20

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Duke by 11-20

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Duke by 6-10

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Duke by 1-5

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Florida by 1-5

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Florida by 6-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Florida by 11-20

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Florida by > 20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With Nostradamus of the North, torontoduke, too busy eating poutine to bother to vote, the Seer of the South, Durham Son, has taken sole possession of first place.

Congrats, DSon. I hope you are feeling optimistic about this one.

I'd like to dedicate my record to Chase Jeter, whose 5 turnover game made this all possible.

I wish I had started at the beginning of the season instead of four games ago!

This Florida team is weird. There's no focal point. Nobody seems to be a reliable shooter or scorer and yet they have a top 30 offense. The coach is a blank slate to me. The defense looks like it should bother Duke a lot, but I don't think they have the star power to win at MSG.

Rome, you give one of my wins to someone else or something? I should have 4.

Duke v. Maine - 31-40 (won by 39)
Duke v. MSU - 6-10 (won by 9)
Duke v. W&M - 21-30 (won by 21)
Duke v. Rhode Island - 6-10 (won by 10)

DrKlahn said:
This Florida team is weird. There's no focal point. Nobody seems to be a reliable shooter or scorer and yet they have a top 30 offense. The coach is a blank slate to me. The defense looks like it should bother Duke a lot, but I don't think they have the star power to win at MSG.

You think Kevin White asks K to throw the game for Mike White?

DukeNukem05 said:
Rome, you give one of my wins to someone else or something? I should have 4.

Duke v. Maine - 31-40 (won by 39)
Duke v. MSU - 6-10 (won by 9)
Duke v. W&M - 21-30 (won by 21)
Duke v. Rhode Island - 6-10 (won by 10)

No idea. Probably. The annoying thing about the spread sheet is if you scroll down with the wrong cell highlighted, it drags data from one cell to another. It's very easy to accidentally do. This whole thing is a clusterfuck and it will only get more so. Eventually I am going to go through for everyone and make sure I have it right.

Will fix.

I now wish I had picked Duke to lose. Not only would it have been a better "value" pick, I also genuinely think they might.

I don't think it's editable, though there's an option allow people to change their votes until the poll closes. I've been debating using that.

But I've got you both down in the correct category now.

I see and acknowledge Florida's lofty Kenpom rating, but not much about its actual resume to date gives me pause.

That said, I'm sure this will be the beginning of Duke's slide into irrelevance now that K will sabotage his own team by allowing Luke to sit down for a few extra minutes each game.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 62993158-4

According to at least one Duke staff member, Grayson Allen and Frank Jackson should be good to go against Florida Tuesday in the Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden. Allen (toe) and Jackson (foot) sat out Saturday's win against Maine. They weren't needed. The Blue Devils won 94-55.

I think that we blow this one open and win by 20+

This is Tatum's statement game letting us all know/accept his spot in the starting line-up.

Tatum will play a lot of 4 in this game as Florida's 4, Devin Robinson, is just 6'8, 200 and does very little work on the low block (just 27.4% of his shots are at the rim - lower than Matt or Frank...our bigs are all at >70%) This will allow us to play our most explosive offensive lineups (3 guards, Tatum, and Amile or Bolden) without worry of being beat up down low.

Duke is favored over Florida by 7 points.

Like opened and was at 4.5 for 3 minutes. Sharks feasted on Duke -4.5. The line went up to 6 for 10 more minutes, before rising to 7.5 briefly, and then settling at 7.

-7 seems fine considering Duke will presumably field the third version of its active roster in as many games.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom