Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2018-2019 Discussion

If Duke could somehow beat VaTech, then every game remaining is winnable. But if Duke loses to VaTech, then every game remaining on the schedule Duke can lose.

So assuming after a win at home vs Central and going into the VaTech game we're 4-0 and we lose that one;

@ GaTech We should win this one even on the road but that option shit makes this a toss up (Should be a W)

UVA We should win this game however the past two years they've beaten Duke blitzing and causing havoc(remember Daniel Jones had five TO's two years ago and last season was arguably Duke's worst game (Should be a W)

@ Pitt We should win this game but they tend to run the hell out of the ball and this game is always a nut crusher (Should be a W)

@ Miami -Haven't we pretty much said this is a loss already? (L)

UNC- We need this game no matter what and in a rivalry game anything can happen so make this a toss up even at home (Should be a W)

@ Clemson- No way we beat them (L)

Wake Forest We are supposed to beat a team with a Freshman QB and no secondary, but this is typically a game Duke could lose (Should be a W)

In other words Duke cannot sustain anymore injuries and especially key positions and expect to get to seven wins plus. I hate to say it but this team could win 9 games and get a pretty good bowl game to boot. Damn, I just talked myself into drinking the kool-aid.

On one hand, 12-30. On the other hand, the biggest passes were absolute dimes, so maybe the issue isn't talent. So maybe there is hope, because the rest of the team is the best Duke team of our lifetimes, since none of us are jacmac
But some of us are farmer

I mean Clemson always loses one dumb game that they shouldn’t...

Problem is it’s always a road game I think.

When they lost to Pitt in the national championship season, that was at home. I was there! I don't think it makes any difference where that game is. The problem is, Duke will need to have a few losses under their belt so that they are as non-threatening as Pitt was.

First things first, take care of business against NCCU and then set the sights on VaTech.

Yeah, losing to ODU ensures that VPI will massacre a Duke team playing their 3rd string QB next week.

I'd be more worried about an angry VPI if I thought they were actually good (I don't think they are), or if I thought we'd take the game lightly. Hopefully the team learned its lesson from the Miami game last year.

Wow. Duke 10 points better if you,exclude the home field advantage? Seems high.

One fewer person who can kill the Duke quarterback, whoever that is

We're up to 22 in the AP poll. S&P+ has us at 28 which sounds about right to me. 13 in the Massey composite ratings. VT down at 51 in S&P+.

Harris said after the game that he was healthy and Cutcliffe said he could've gone back in if needed. Never know with this team but sounds like he'll be ready to go if it's still too early for Jones.

We're up to 22 in the AP poll. S&P+ has us at 28 which sounds about right to me. 13 in the Massey composite ratings. VT down at 51 in S&P+.

Harris said after the game that he was healthy and Cutcliffe said he could've gone back in if needed. Never know with this team but sounds like he'll be ready to go if it's still too early for Jones.

He also said Britain Brown could have returned, but I saw them pop his shoulder back in right in front of me. He didn't play another snap.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom