Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Football 2021

Devilsforlife

Legend
Assuming a return to normalcy for 2021, this is the schedule Duke will play:
@ Charlotte
NC A&T
Kansas
Northwestern
@UVA
@UNC
@Wake Forest
@Virginia Tech
Louisville
Georgia Tech
Miami
Pittsburgh

With Cutcliffe seemingly coming back, I cannot see more than 3-4 wins in 2021. Kansas is even more of a disaster than Duke, but I don't think we'll be favored against any other Power 5 team.

It will be another excruciatingly terrible season, but at least we should get a new coach after it.

Assuming a return to normalcy for 2021, this is the schedule Duke will play:
@ Charlotte
NC A&T
Kansas
Northwestern
@UVA
@UNC
@Wake Forest
@Virginia Tech
Louisville
Georgia Tech
Miami
Pittsburgh

With Cutcliffe seemingly coming back, I cannot see more than 3-4 wins in 2021. Kansas is even more of a disaster than Duke, but I don't think we'll be favored against any other Power 5 team.

It will be another excruciatingly terrible season, but at least we should get a new coach after it.

It's timing as in any new hired coach. For Duke the search is not even open and there are several guys that could do better than what we have right now. And they were just fired.

Duke will be 4-0 and in the top 25 before going on their patented 6 game slide.

BTW, who schedules 4 straight conference road games?

Northwestern will crush us. However, hard to ask for much softer of an overall schedule as a P5 team. If, by some miracle, we get a coaching change this year, the new coach should be set up well.

Duke will be 4-0 and in the top 25 before going on their patented 6 game slide.

BTW, who schedules 4 straight conference road games?

The game dates aren't announced yet - I highly doubt we'll play four straight on the road when the schedule is released, though with Duke football, you never know.

Northwestern will crush us. However, hard to ask for much softer of an overall schedule as a P5 team. If, by some miracle, we get a coaching change this year, the new coach should be set up well.

Agreed. Would be the perfect time for a reboot of the program under new HC Will Healy, but we won't get that.

Duke so bad this year, that all college football history is getting whitewashed

I found this short article today.

Is Duke's Recruiting Slipping?
Numbers show Blue Devils have been winning fewer battles
SHAWN KREST

Duke signed an 18-player class on National Signing Day, and, after last year’s frantic run-up to NSD, David Cutcliffe had the no-drama recruiting class he prefers this year.

Recruiting at Duke is different from recruiting at other schools. Admissions requirements mean that there are several players that need to be taken off of Cutcliffe’s board before the process even starts. As a result, Cutcliffe and his staff tend to identify candidates early and stay out of the wild recruiting wars that occupy other schools.

Duke has struggled on the field in recent years, and Cutcliffe’s 2021 class continued a trend of Duke shifting away from Power Five prospects.

Duke’s 18 signees in 2021 had an average of 11.9 offers from other schools, but only 3.5 were from schools in Power Five conferences. The other 8.8 came from mid-majors, low-majors or FCS schools.

Last year’s signees had an average of 12.7 offers, 4.6 from Power Five. In 2019, the class averaged 13.4 offers, 6.9 from Power Five—more than the average number of offers from lower-level programs (6.5).

Cutcliffe prides himself on finding diamonds in the rough, often saying that the program, particularly in his early days as coach, had to find “two-stars who played like four-stars.”

So, perhaps Cutcliffe is better at finding those overlooked prospects, which would explain the lack of other Power Five offers.

What happens when the other Power Fives take an interest in the same diamond, though? Consider Harrison Wallace. Duke was the first Power Five to offer the wide receiver, and he committed in October. As his strong senior year continued, however, he attracted more attention, picking up offers from South Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee and Maryland. He eventually flipped to Penn State.

Cut cannot go any lower in position coaches trying to hide Zac Roper within his staff.

2021 Duke Football Schedule (2020 Record; Bowl Game)
SEPTEMBER

4 – at Charlotte (2-4)
11 – NORTH CAROLINA A&T (playing in spring, 2021)
18 – NORTHWESTERN (7-2; Big Ten West Champions; defeated Auburn, 35-19, in the Citrus Bowl)
25 - KANSAS (0-9)

OCTOBER
2 – at North Carolina (8-4; lost to Texas A&M, 41-27, in the Capital One Orange Bowl)
9 – GEORGIA TECH (3-7)
16 – at Virginia (5-5)
23 – Open date
30 – at Wake Forest (4-5; lost to Wisconsin, 42-28, in the Duke's Mayo Bowl)

NOVEMBER
6 – PITTSBURGH (6-5)
13 – at Virginia Tech (5-6)
18 – LOUISVILLE (4-7)
27 – MIAMI (8-3; lost to Oklahoma State, 37-34, in the Cheez-It Bowl)

I take it everyone else is as excited to be back at Wade next fall as I am!

Why couldn't this have happened 2 months ago? They are staying in the same place as the basketball team and they could have done us all a big favor.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom