Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-Notre Dame prediction thread

Quasi-competent or Quasimodo? (That's a literary reference for all you philistines.)

• Duke by > 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duke by 11-20

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Duke by 1-10

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Notre Dame by 1-5

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Notre Dame by 6-10

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Notre Dame by 11-20

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Notre Dame by 21-30

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Notre Dame by > 30

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am not sure why I am predicting a win. Probably because I set up "Duke 1-10" to be the value pick. And probably because, despite my surface-level pessimism, I am still clinging to hope.

But there is nothing that rationally makes me think we can win.

Yeah, we can't even beat them when we're good.

Duke losing by 11-20 is also a value pick, rome. Join the dark side.

I actually feel that Duke loses by seven. I feel we fight hard and show a sense of team unity, but ultimately we just suck too much.

I am not changing my original pick. I just want this here for the record. I know what I should have picked.

Please say Mike Brey, please say Mike Brey, please say Mike Brey...

Tomorrow is perhaps the most important regular season game in I dunno how long but I'm more concerned about finally getting another damn prediction right.

I'm gonna sleep on it. I didn't see yesterday's game until moments ago and I dunno what the hell to think.

TS9 said:
Tomorrow is perhaps the most important regular season game in I dunno how long but I'm more concerned about finally getting another damn prediction right.

I'm gonna sleep on it. I didn't see yesterday's game until moments ago and I dunno what the hell to think.

A key component in yesterday's Duke victory was the suckiness of Wake Forest.

Duke at Notre Dame has a pick 'em line. If Tatum doesn't play, Duke will win, but the coaches will play Tatum.

Better's bet the Duke line all the way to -6.5 shortly before the tip at Wake. Duke has underperformed vs the spread since the Miami game.

Hey now, if we can beat them in South Bend in football we can sure beat them in South Bend in basketball. Coach Cutcliffe needs to address the team before they head out.

I've decided that I don't care what I'm told by logic, my own eyeballs or you people.

Notre Dame is as good as they are for two reasons: they are shooting over 40 percent as a team from 3 and are actually playing more competent defense than in years past. They almost never draw fouls and are mediocre at 2s. Not a great rebounding team. They rely more heavily on and are better at threes as compared to the last few years. Probably because they are have lost the two NBA quality penetrating guards, Grant and then Jackson, in the past two years. So in theory this is stylistically a good matchup for a Duke team that attempts to limit threes and prevents opponents from making them at a high rate. But so much variance with a three dominant team.

Duke's offense is still very broken and would not expect them to be all that good on the road. I think that's the more likely reason that Duke loses. All of this leads me to think the Duke loss will be more like 74-67 and not 88-81. So I would take ND and the under 154.5.

The line went to Notre Dame by 1 on about half the books overnight, stayed even at the other half. Now it has moved to Duke by 1-1.5 points everywhere.

I don't know what people are seeing in this Duke team besides faith in talent projections from months ago. Seems Duke got extremely lucky at Wake with Tatum fouling out after Wake controlled the entire game up to that point. Duke still didn't cover the spread with the massive advantage of Duke's coaches not being able to play Tatum for the last several minutes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom