Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Topher said:
I think the one Michael Porter to Duke pick is mine and that's going to be changed. Haven't updated my picks in weeks. Either Duval or Brown will go to UK with Ayton, I think.

Too bad he's got an aversion to four-letter words, because I watched some of the footage on this dude and he is unreal. Apparently, he is damn near 6'10" now and is smooth as hell with a great looking shot. Pretty ridiculous athlete as well. Like a filled out Durant. What do you think now - KU?

Also, as good as the 2016 class looks to be, if Bagley reclasses 2017 might be better. Ayton, Bagley, Bamba and Porter are just absolute freaks and Carter does everything well. '16 guards are probably better, but '17 has more transcendent talent IMO.

This is insane, but I kind of don't want to land Bolden because I think Giles should play center whether he wants to or not.

I remember the days of thinking JohnTDD's prediction of "two bigs" in one class was overly optimistic bait for people to buy premium for even more happy predictions.

And it was. We couldn't land two bigs the caliber of Fat Tony Parker and Mitch McGary. We couldn't even land one of them.

The Collins/Wojo haters were right.

rome8180 said:
This is insane, but I kind of don't want to land Bolden because I think Giles should play center whether he wants to or not.

Giles not wanting to play center is going to fuck everything up. With him starting at C, perfect roster. Without him doing so, we're starting 2-4 freshman and leaving a superior, experienced guard and wing players on the bench. This is a problem.

I guess if we have to lie to Giles during his recruitment and trick Bolden into coming before forcing him to waste a year redshirting before transferring, that's what we have to do.

Pantone287 said:
rome8180 said:

Giles not wanting to play center is going to fuck everything up. With him starting at C, perfect roster. Without him doing so, we're starting 2-4 freshman and leaving a superior, experienced guard and wing players on the bench. This is a problem.

I guess if we have to lie to Giles during his recruitment and trick Bolden into coming before forcing him to waste a year redshirting before transferring, that's what we have to do.

I can see K pitching Giles a position less style of play on offense. I mean it's been a long fucking time, but Ferry and Laettner both shot plenty of 3's while playing center. It's one thing to be considered a post player (a la Shelden or Oak) but I don't think anyone thinks Giles is going to be a traditional post player at Duke or anywhere else.

Yeah, and the thing is, unless it's someone with a Shaqlike game, it's almost always to a player's benefit to have a bigger, slower defender guarding them - see Winslow, Singler, everyone else. I don't see why more recruits don't understand this, it's a simple concept.

Oh woah, yeah, we definitely got this guy

Last edited by a moderator:
I can already predict my rage at ESPN3 when I try to watch this in two hours. Whatever adjustments they made to their player has made it unusable for me.

Of Scout's top 12 targets in 2017, we are involved with nine.

I think I prefer Duval to any other 2017 PG, though Troy Brown's height is appealing. And to be honest, I haven't watched enough of him yet.

Sorry, sorry - Jackson on at 9. I don't understand time zones.

Gabriel vs. Trent, Jr. and Duval at 7. Jackson, Dani, DeLaurier, Azubuike, Alkins, Adebeyo at 9. Bunch of other top guys we haven't been involved with also playing.

Watching some Troy Brown footage. He and Duval couldn't be more different. It's sort of like Magic Johnson versus Russell Westbrook. Or Kyle Anderson vs. Cat Barber or something.

Pantone287 said:
Sorry, sorry - Jackson on at 9. I don't understand time zones.

Gabriel vs. Trent, Jr. and Duval at 7. Jackson, Dani, DeLaurier, Azubuike, Alkins, Adebeyo at 9. Bunch of other top guys we haven't been involved with also playing.

This basically took my night from another shitty meaningless void to almost awesome.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom