Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-UNC prediction thread, Part Tres

How am I supposed to come up with clever questions to put here every time?

• Duke by > 20

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Duke by 11-20

• Duke by 6-10

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Duke by 1-5

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • UNC by 1-5

• UNC by 6-10

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • UNC by 11-20

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • UNC by > 20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
bdotling said:
It is amazing we only shot two threes in the first 10 minutes. We really put ourselves in that hole. But nice to see us dig ourselves out

You were a real gamer in chat tonight, bdot--great game!

When we were down 13 I said no more phone. And we won

You all are welcome

bdotling said:
It is amazing we only shot two threes in the first 10 minutes. We really put ourselves in that hole. But nice to see us dig ourselves out

I kept remarking to my girlfriend, who probably didn't care, that UNC was closing out on the three-point line as well as I've ever seen them do. It seems like they could only keep that up for about 1/4 of the game.

They also started helping more on drives and losing shooters off the ball, and a few times Duke players did a good job of relocating on the perimeter when someone was driving. According to a UNC friend, Britt is their biggest culprit when it comes to overhelping, and I do seem to recall Britt giving up several of the 3s.

physicsfactor said:
They also started helping more on drives and losing shooters off the ball, and a few times Duke players did a good job of relocating on the perimeter when someone was driving. According to a UNC friend, Britt is their biggest culprit when it comes to overhelping, and I do seem to recall Britt giving up several of the 3s.

Just like K planned it!!

I thought Roy kept Berry out way too long. I get he had four fouls, but by the time he came back in Duke had control of the game.

The difference was that last night, Duke actually played as well or better without two of our best players while Carolina collapsed without Berry.

Or he shouldn't have left him in with 3 fouls and so much time on the clock. Either way you look at it, Roy fucked up.

Inveigle and I were talking about that in chat. I knew Roy would wait too long. Game was over and Berry was iced.

I'm not sure what the score was when Berry came back in, but I would have put him in once we cut it to two or so. Maybe he fouls out, but I would have taken that risk.

Did anyone watch the post-game coverage? Fucking Greenberg went off about Berry's 4th foul and what a game-changer it was. They showed the replay, and he was yelling, "WHERE'S THE FOUL?" And of course they didn't show the above the rim view which gave a clear view of Berry hacking down Jackson's forearm.

Yeah, on the replay they showed live it was pretty undebatable. Even Bilas didn't argue it. The funny thing is Berry bailed Jackson out with that too. I have no idea what Jackson was doing.

rome8180 said:
I'm not sure what the score was when Berry came back in, but I would have put him in once we cut it to two or so. Maybe he fouls out, but I would have taken that risk.
I think we were up seven when he came back in. Definitely waited too long.

Stole this from a guy on Facebook.

sqrtdi.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back