Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke-Virginia Tech prediction thread

All in without Allen?

• Duke by > 20

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Duke by 11-20

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Duke by 6-10

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Duke by 1-5

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • VT by 1-5

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • VT by 6-10

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • VT by 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VT by > 20

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rome8180

Legend
Does Allen make the "trip" with the team? Do Giles or Bolden play significant minutes? Does Matt Jones take 3+ layups? Is there a "controversial" call that goes in our favor which ESPN will play over and over if we win? These questions and more...

Topher-damus is in sole possession of 1st place thanks to his Duke pessimism/Elon homerism.

[ben][/ben]

Duke is favored by 5 points at Virginia Tech.

More importantly to Duke in the long run this season, Villanova is a 1-point underdog at Creighton. If Villanova pulls that one out, they get significantly closer to being a lock for the New York region over Duke. That game begins an hour later than the Duke game.

We are not losing this one. Way too much talent even for VT at VT.

I've had a bad feeling about this one ever since the schedule came out- that this is the Buzz Williams/VT coming out party. Although at least Duke will go in understanding there is a strong possibility they could lose, which somehow is comforting.

I am more optimistic than I would be if we hadn't played two terrible games in a row. And Allen is out. This feels a little like our back is to the wall, and I think/hope we respond accordingly.

I'm looking for Tatum to have a huge game while K has had a week to prepare.

This feels like the type of game where we get down early and Coach decides he doesn't give a shit and stops coaching halfway through. That either turns it into a blowout or our players get pissed and actually get their shit together.

Rotation is set for today.

PG Matt Jones (40 min)
SG Frank Jackson (40)
SF Luke Kennard (40)
PF Jayson Tatum (40)
C Amile Jefferson (32) / Chase Jeter (8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nervous about this game. This is VT's Super Bowl, obviously.

dukeberto said:
This feels like the type of game where we get down early and Coach decides he doesn't give a shit and stops coaching halfway through. That either turns it into a blowout or our players get pissed and actually get their shit together.

You meant quit coaching by half way through the first half, right?

MF I almost picked VT by 11-20, but I pussed out. This was the most predictable game of the season.

if it makes anyone feel better, I made some money IRL off this one.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom