Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke vs Temple - East Rutherford, NJ, Dec 8, 3:15pm ESPN

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Battle of 2 of the 18 remaining unbeatens.

Temple-basketball-010412.jpg

Temple point guard Khalif Wyatt enjoyed abusing Duke's porous defense last season.

Temple is 6-0 after playing the 163rd strongest schedule.

Kenpom rankings:
#47 overall
#55 offense
#47 defense
#156 tempo

Notable results:
Won at home vs Delaware by 5
Won at Villanova by 15

Notable team rankings:
#8 steal%
#14 %points from 3pt
#24 assist/turnover
#51 defensive FTA/FGA
#54 forced turnover%
#265 offensive rebound%

Key players:
Khalif Wyatt - 42% fg/31% 3pt/74% ft, 15 pts/2 reb/5 ast, 27% poss, 109 rating, 36% ast (#43), 2.4 ast/to
Anthony Lee - 66% fg/64% ft, 11 pts/6 reb/1 blk, 19% poss, 123 rating, 54% FT rate, 5% off reb, 28% def reb (#8), 4% blk

Rotation:
1 G Khalif Wyatt, senior, 6-4 215
2 G TJ DiLeo, senior, 6-3 210
3 F Scootie Randall, senior, 6-6 215
4 F Rahlir Hollis-Jefferson, senior, 6-6 215
5 F Anthony Lee, sophomore, 6-9 230
6 G Will Cummings, sophomore, 6-2 175
7 F Jake O'Brien, senior, 6-9 220
8 G Dalton Pepper, junior, 6-5 220

A team that loves shooting 3s and forcing turnovers while hating offensive rebounding should not do well against Duke, but the big contributors from the game last season are almost all back for Temple. This should be the last competitive Duke game of 2012. January starts with a good Davidson team, and then Duke can rest their key players for the NCAA Tournament during ACC play.

This game has Mason domination written all over it.

Delaware beat UVA and almost beat Temple on their home courts. How did they suck so much against us or are we just that good?

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Vegas has Duke by 7-7.5.

Weird. Sagarin has Duke by 10.5.

It's a trap.

KenPom has us at a 10 point favorite.

I watched that game on the tube, and Billy King was just overwhelming. Chaney was a great, great coach.

Our defense is all the way up to #12 on Kenpom. How good would it be if we hadn't started the year at #26 or whatever?

You've got to like Florida's perfect balance of offense and defense. Billy D getting his third title in seven years would be impressive.

bdotling said:
Marshall is warming up

I've been likening him to Bigfoot. I haven't convinced myself that Marshall the college basketball player actually exists.

Any word on Curry? I figure he's out with a spread 3 points lower than the computers say it should be.

Nvm.

That line is weird. Smart people must think this is going down to the wire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got up at 4:30am this morning to fly up for this. We better bring the pain.

We're pretty damn good right now. Put up 90 like it was nothing against a top 50 team/defense who isn't in the top 150 in tempo. Still some questions on defense, mainly/obviously rebounding (only rebounded 59% of their misses tonight per ESPN box), but we've got five guys on offense who all look like they could be #1 options on good teams. If Kelly continues to put the ball on the floor effectively and create his own shot like that, we're going to be pretty close to impossible to gameplan for. I mean, who is even our fifth option? Cook, I guess?

I'm not getting too cocky because early dominance due to everything clicking can be a little misleading, but it's hard not to love how good we are right now.

I always loved how well we got out in transition tonight. It's one benefit of a three guard + a gazelle lineup that we didn't really get much last year, but it's coming along nicely.

lol@ how it takes Mr. Gangles exactly one dribble to go from behind halfcourt to dunking:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom