Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Georgia Tech at Duke - Thurs, Jan 17, 9:00pm ESPN

SeanMayTriedToEatMe

Legend
Finally, another winnable game for Duke.

940x.jpg

Freshman big man Robert Carter (left) and junior big man Daniel Miller have made opponents uncomfortable for the resurgent Yellow Jackets program.

Georgia Tech is 10-5 having played the 327th strongest schedule.
Georgia Tech is 0-3 in the ACC, with losses vs Miami, at NC State, vs Virginia Tech.

Kenpom ratings:
#91 overall
#236 offense
#23 defense
#225 tempo

Notable results:
Beat #53 St. Mary's by 9 in California
Lost at common opponent NC State by 13
Lost vs #149 Virginia Tech in OT at home

Notable team rankings:
#10 opponent FG%
#11 opponent eFG%
#16 opponent 2pt%
#28 turnover%
#35 opponent 3pt%
#47 DReb%
#220 eFG%
#280 FT%
#282 3pt%
#285 FTA/FGA

Starters:
PG Mfon Udofia, 6-2 195, senior
SG Brandon Reed, 6-3 182, junior
SF Marcus Georges-Hunt, 6-5 218, freshman
PF Robert Carter, 6-8 245, freshman
C Daniel Miller, 6-11 257, junior

Bench:
G Chris Bolden, 6-3 209, freshman
F Kammeon Holsey, 6-9 231, junior
G Jason Morris, 6-5 224, junior
G Pierre Jordan, 6-0 165, senior

Best players:
Daniel Miller: 26.9 min, 7.3 pts, 6.5 reb, 2.5 blk, 47.8% fg, 61.1% ft, 17% Usg, 107 ORtg, 11% blk, 1.6 fouls/40
Kammeon Holsey: 19.1 min, 9.0 pts, 4.5 reb, 56.0% fg, 66.0% ft, 26% Usg, 110 ORtg, 55% FTRate, 12% OReb

Not an ideal place in the schedule for this Georgia Tech team, as they're basically the opposite of NC State. They're in a group with Virginia and Miami as by far the best defenses Duke will face in the ACC - they turn their opponents into teams who can't shoot. However, Georgia Tech can't shoot, either. Daniel Miller is a poor man's Jeff Withey on defense, blocking lots of shots without fouling. Robert Carter has proven to be clearly the best big man recruit out of Georgia - someone who did not throw an absurd ceremony for himself upon committing to Georgia Tech and who could've been very useful to Duke over the next few years. If Amile Jefferson wants more of Josh Hairston's minutes in this game, Jefferson is going to have to bulk up in a hurry.

Duke will savage the Bug Thugs on Thursday. Interesting to see how their D has improved, but Duke will put too much pressure on them. Duke by at least 15.*

*I say this with the assumption that Seth Curry will be available...sure hope so

Alright, Sheed at the 4 and Tyler at the 3.

I can't remember much about GT's Miller, but his #s look ok (defensively). Nevertheless, maybe Mason can aggressively attack and get him in foul trouble. GT will have to work to keep the Brothers Plum and Amile off of the offensive boards.

I'm thinking we run the inverted lineup.

PG - Mason
SG - Marshall
SF - Curry
PF - Thornton
C - Cook

Mason can make that adjustment to point guard, based upon what I have seen this year

Mason's handle is a thing of beauty. If you think a car crash is a thing of beauty.

torontoduke said:
Mason can make that adjustment to point guard, based upon what I have seen this year
Do you guys not remember his attempts at running the floor last year? This adjustment is years in the making.

Great 2nd half. There is a lot to work on (struggling against GT so badly in the 1st half is not a good sign...GT sucks); however Amile played great, Mason fought through a tough game, and Seth continues his awesomeness.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom