Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Golf

dkst0426 said:
I'll take precision over distance anytime on the course. If/when the weather does turn bad, his control is going to come in handy.

Nah. He needs every bit of roll he can squeeze out there. If it gets rainy, the course will just be too long for him to reach greens in regulation.

Garcia is playing a very solid round. Front-9 32, in birdie range on 10, putting to move to -5.

Nice tee shot by Guan on 12. Makeable putt.

Bubba finishes +3. Cink and Harrington as well, Poulter +4, and Stricker +5 among notable high numbers. Lefty +2 through 8. Gotta be careful, Phil.

no idea what he was thinking going driver there

NOD said:
Stepped away. Who? What hole? What happened?

Whoa, Freddie Couples -3 through 10.

dkst0426 said:
NOD said:
Stepped away. Who? What hole? What happened?

Whoa, Freddie Couples -3 through 10.

If golf tournaments were 2 days long, Freddie would still be competitive on the regular tour.

ETA: was talking about Fowler going driver at 18 and, shockingly enough, hitting it straight into the bunker.

NOD said:
If golf tournaments were 2 days long, Freddie would still be competitive on the regular tour.
:lol: 'Tis true. Good to see an older Major champion still up there, though, in contrast to how the former champs tend to do.

ETA: was talking about Fowler going driver at 18 and, shockingly enough, hitting it straight into the bunker.
Gotcha. Good par save, then. Strong round for him.

dkst0426 said:
NOD said:
:lol: 'Tis true. Good to see an older Major champion still up there, though, in contrast to how the former champs tend to do.

Gotcha. Good par save, then. Strong round for him.

With more rounds like that, he'll lose a lot of that mane of his. 2 doubles and he ends up 4-under? No way he can keep that up.

With that kind of first round out of the way, he should settle down. Tomorrow might go a long way in determining if he's got the head for making a big splash on the Tour.

Guan finishes with a 73. Really good job by him today - door was open more than once to blow up. Now, he has a realistic shot at making the cut.

I love Segio, but his squinting and mouth breathing after shots is so dumb looking

Cut line projected at +4 heading into afternoon tee-offs. Guan at +3 through 14. Play it smart, and he'll be around the rest of the weekend.

As expected, lots of strokes being given back today.

Dustin Johnson shoots 7 on the 15th. We now have a 5-way tie for the lead at -4: Couples, Furyk, Johnson, Leishman, and Fowler.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Looks like the kid will make the cut? I'm seeing +6 projected cut on ESPN.

Yep. As long as the lead stays at -6, he's within 10 shots. -7 and he'll be out of luck. Harrington (+6) and Oosthuizen (+5) benefitting from that double-bogey as well.

I missed that Guan got assessed a stroke penalty for slow play during his round. That's pretty shady - of all the people to nail, they go for the 14-year old amateur.

dkst0426 said:
I missed that Guan got assessed a stroke penalty for slow play during his round. That's pretty shady - of all the people to nail, they go for the 14-year old amateur.
Supposedly, he was warned multiple times but yeah...this feels absurd.

Seems the wind changed after he addressed the ball. Can't say I blame him. And there are others who are much worse than him who are in the field.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom