Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Golf

ChibCU said:
Couldn't tell ya.

I refuse to golf until I am 50.

Seriously, just try it sometime.

It's an awesome fucking time once you actually learn how to play and don't suck. A round of golf with a friend, a few drinks, a nice lunch, and some cigars/other, umm, tobacco products will soothe the soul.

The better I got, the more irate it made me. I'm just not wired right to enjoy it, but had a lot of talent. Took me a long time to give it up and find something else to be good at.

What I loved the most about golf before I effed my rotator cuff up was the singularity of it all. Every other sport I've been involved in was a team sport, where your success or level of proficiency depended as much on others as it did on your own ability.

With golf, it's just you and the ball - hit it, chase it around the course, knock it in the hole. Whether you were any good at it or sucked was pretty much entirely up to you.

bfactor said:
The better I got, the more irate it made me. I'm just not wired right to enjoy it.

Same...but I still play anyway.

While I'm healthy and young I prefer to do a sport that involves running and some contact. Ultimate Frisbee will be what fills my sport slot for now and the foreseeable future most likely. Plus all I need is a disc and cleats. I don't have money to play golf.

dkst, I got my fill of singularity via wrestling. Oh btw, Tiger is a CHEATER!

ChibCU said:
Yeah, whatever. Brandel Chamblee probably agrees with you.

Topher said:
Topher said:
What are some good, cheap courses in Raleigh?
Sooooo?
I haven't golfed in Raleigh, but a friend of mine from law school used to play nearby a bit. He would go over to Durham though. Hillandale Golf Course in Durham is supposedly cheap and good.

ChibCU said:
While I'm healthy and young I prefer to do a sport that involves running and some contact. Ultimate Frisbee will be what fills my sport slot for now and the foreseeable future most likely. Plus all I need is a disc and cleats. I don't have money to play golf.

488c2d0y%5B1%5D.jpg

DukeNukem05 said:
Topher said:
Topher said:
What are some good, cheap courses in Raleigh?
Sooooo?
I haven't golfed in Raleigh, but a friend of mine from law school used to play nearby a bit. He would go over to Durham though. Hillandale Golf Course in Durham is supposedly cheap and good.

Wow. Hillandale. That brings back some memories. I remember playing there all the time when I took golf class senior yr. It's the ultimate easy-ass course if you play Army golf. Hit it way right? Just hit your 2nd shot from the fairway immediately next to you! Hit it way left? Same option!!

But yeah -- it was ridiculously cheap and easy.

For me, the Duke course was one of my favorites.

Whatever. Those guys are just about to start rolling around in the grass and making out. That's just a convenient snapshot.

Black soccer players have been subject to racist abuse from fans, and even coaches, in Spain before. Perhaps even more disgusting than the actual incidents is the slap on the wrist action that has been taken against the sources. I don't recall any bans or other substantial action. The FIA should have stripped Barcelona of the privilege of hosting an F-1 race. To the uninitiated, those races become national events, and it would have been a pretty punitive action to take.

Their national coach at one point referred to Thierry Henry as a "black piece of sh**," and did not speak out against local fans hurling insults and objects at English players during a friendly in Spain. Held his job for years after that. This is the type of attitude you see in Spain. Italy is just as bad, if not worse.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom