Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hobbies

DukeNukem05 said:
I assume he's asking about the drivers.

2x HiVi M6a - 6" Midwoofer
1x HiVi M5a - 5" Midwoofer
1x Dayton Audio ND28F-6 - 1 1/8" Neodymium Dome Tweeter

ZackM said:
DukeNukem05 said:

I was, but I was afraid "drivers" would be taken out of context and turned into some commentary about aging. As someone that owns 10's of thousands of dollars worth of audio equipment, for both personal and public use, maybe I should have just said, what are you using for the thingies that make sound come out of them?

What are the cones made with? Also, the cone surround material?

rhfarmer said:
ZackM said:
DukeNukem05 said:

I was, but I was afraid "drivers" would be taken out of context and turned into some commentary about aging. As someone that owns 10's of thousands of dollars worth of audio equipment, for both personal and public use, maybe I should have just said, what are you using for the thingies that make sound come out of them?

What are the cones made with? Also, the cone surround material?

Aluminum/Magnesium cone
high-loss rubber surround

The billion dollar acquisition of Dollar Shave Club made me think about shaving.

Does anyone here go with the manly fancy shaving routine including a safety razor and shaving brush? I'm talking about using this sort of stuff, along with fancy creams and oils and shit:

baxter-safety-razor-set-xl.jpg

Is it worth the few extra minutes every day? I figure the cost is actually less than using Gillette stuff in the long run.

Shirtless avatar man has exciting hobbies. Is this right after watching paint dry and on your hobby list?

dub_seahawks said:
Shirtless avatar man has exciting hobbies. Is this right after watching paint dry and on your hobby list?

Bite your tongue when speaking about that avatar. It has historical significance that you could never understand.

I thought SMTTEM would have the same grooming routine as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho.

SMTTEM is more itrubsthelotiononitsskin.

And SMTTEM, I'd turn to TUL for expert shaving advise. He must have to shave at least twice a day, and that's just his knuckles.

(Dollar Store disposables ftw)

thewiseben said:
I've done all the fancy shaving routines, I even have a straight razor. I found that it simply was not worth the hassle to do all these things.

+1

If you have time to kill, safety razors can be fun, super cheap to refill, and don't require maintenance like straight razors.

I just tended to not have 20 minutes lying around every day or two to shave - most of the time you just need to be done with it and move on to more important things that you're already late for, not have it be a whole thing just to make your face presentable.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
The billion dollar acquisition of Dollar Shave Club made me think about shaving.

Does anyone here go with the manly fancy shaving routine including a safety razor and shaving brush? I'm talking about using this sort of stuff, along with fancy creams and oils and shit:

Is it worth the few extra minutes every day? I figure the cost is actually less than using Gillette stuff in the long run.
I did it for a few years recently after a recommendation from my barber. It takes forever and "safety" doesn't mean cut-free. Not worth it to me, although I felt like Don Draper at first.

I go beaver tail brush with Taylor of Bond Street soap. Prefer Sandalwood for the smell. For the razor, I get 24 packs of gillette twin blades with none of the lubricating shit. Get about 20 shaves/razor. But my skin is pretty leathery. Straight razor would scare the shit out of me if I were hungover.

Other hobbies include cooking, painting, distance running and beating my children. Dabble in woodworking/construction and squash.

First time cooking with a cast iron skillet. Strip steak with only a little olive oil. Entire place filled with smoke even with all windows open, hallway fire alarm triggered, building needed to be evacuated, fire trucks came out.

Really good steak, though. A tad more medium than medium-rare. Not sure I will ever try again with the cast iron. Fire men were very nice dudes. Can see why women like them.

First time cooking with a cast iron skillet. Strip steak with only a little olive oil. Entire place filled with smoke even with all windows open, hallway fire alarm triggered, building needed to be evacuated, fire trucks came out.

Really good steak, though. A tad more medium than medium-rare. Not sure I will ever try again with the cast iron. Fire men were very nice dudes. Can see why women like them.

Maybe the oil was too hot? My wife and I cook our steaks in a pan on medium heat, usually covered in onions. No smoke.

Welcome, DevilsFan! Great place for Duke fans without the typical messageboard garbage.

DevilsFan said:

Maybe the oil was too hot? My wife and I cook our steaks in a pan on medium heat, usually covered in onions. No smoke.

Different oils have different smoking points, SM. This handy chart can assist you the next time you use the skillet.

https://jonbarron.org/diet-and-nutritio ... oke-points

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom