Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All-Star Games

McCain with three buckets down the stretch here. Seems to be the crunch time PG just like he was in the McD's game.

Edit: nice assist there too. He's such a natural as the ballhandler out of the PnR.

I think Mgbako missed his last 4 shots and had a TO and a moving screen in the 4th after his heater. The highs and lows.

Bronny looks like a legit top 10-15 guy to me based solely on this and the McD's game. Seems like someone who will do well alongside other talent.

Yeah, Bronny’s looked good in both of those games. He still doesn’t look like a OAD talent to me, but it seems like he’s improved at a steady pace the last year, which bodes well for him. He’s shooting it much better than he did a couple years ago when he had some funky mechanics.

Holland is always the hardest playing dude on the court. He’s effective just by playing harder than anyone else. His jumpshot is a mess, though.

Nwoko going to Miami was the biggest revelation. He dominated for a stretch in the fourth quarter.

Stojakovic shoots it as pretty, and effectively, as his dad. That’s a good get for Stanford.

I love Aden Holloway. He’s small, but his range is limitless. Got a great handle that he can get downhill with, he competes. I think he’s a dude we’ll hear from as a professional.

Of the rest, Collier and Wagner are alphas that, when put in a setting like this, really have to adapt their games and I feel like their effectiveness starts to dip. I like Justin Edwards, reminds me of a left handed, less physically explosive Malik Monk.

How’s he getting to the line so much?

The first one he slipped away from Edwards on the baseline after a nice ball fake and got fouled as he went up for a shot. The second one he sorta leaked out on a 1-on-2 fastbreak and got bailed out after a bit of a wild shot. The third was when his team broke the press, he got it in the middle after they got it across and tried to finger roll it around a couple defenders and they got him on the arm. Should’ve been an and one, contact was minimal, he knew it because he slapped his hands together after it didn’t go in. The last one was the end of the half when he got crushed at the rim. Made a sort of slow, methodical move to the basket, defender caught up to him and clobbered him.

I really like the idea of McCain as the starter beside Proctor. He seems so dependable.
Still think it's gonna be Foster. Dude has just beastly beginning last summer after a rough season the previous year. And he's got a good 3 inches on McCain so I expect him to be the better defender.

I think Foster is the guy on the roster who can give us the closest thing to what Roach did this year, if Jeremy doesn't come back. He can create a bucket out of nothing, and has a burst that McCain and Proctor don't. I still see McCain more as an understudy to Tyrese, even though they'll share some floor time for sure.

Mgbako's stats look good, even with the 6-14 shooting, until you see the turnovers. Unless a bunch of his FTs were and-ones, he used 24 possessions to score 22 points.

Can someone explain to me the deal with Foster. Last summer he was terrible right? Or was that last Spring? And he’s been very good for how long now?

Mgbako's stats look good, even with the 6-14 shooting, until you see the turnovers. Unless a bunch of his FTs were and-ones, he used 24 possessions to score 22 points.
Especially impressive in the context of a game where almost everyone was inefficient.

This is just from memory, so take it with a grain of salt, but he was great last summer and this school year. He was sort of bad as a junior, particularly in the spring.
Yeah, and he's also put on like 20 pounds of muscle, and had much more of a scoring role for his AAU team and his senior team. I feel like he's gone from a skinny 6'5" pass-first point guard to a more well-built 6'5" combo guard.

Yeah, he got much more aggressive offensively. The fact that he's shifted to more of a scorer actually helps his pairing with Proctor, imo. We saw that dynamic work with Roach moving to a more off-the-ball role. And of course, he's a much better 3pt shooter than Roach (theoretically, anyway).

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom