Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All-Star Games

IIRC, he had a pretty good reputation as a shooter coming out of high school. The high school line is shorter, so I guess some guys' shot just never translates.

IIRC, he had a pretty good reputation as a shooter coming out of high school. The high school line is shorter, so I guess some guys' shot just never translates.
The college line was the same distance as high school during Duhon’s career. He definitely had that rep coming into Duke, but it never panned out for whatever reason.

I went to Cameron the Saturday of his official visit -- he was kind of a big deal recruit at the time -- and got to watch him scrimmage with the 2000 team. His jumper looked picture perfect then. He missed a few, but the makes were such pretty swishes, and his form looked Redick-level good.

Duhon was so weird. I thought he had a great looking stroke, and he did shoot 36% freshman year. Then it went downhill to C Love levels. Until he went pro, and then he was a 36% shooter again. I hadn't realized what a mediocre to poor FT shooter he was in college as well, which again became much improved as a pro.

The college line was the same distance as high school during Duhon’s career. He definitely had that rep coming into Duke, but it never panned out for whatever reason.
No wonder the 2001 team made 800 trillion threes.

Only semi-related, but I want CBB to adopt every NBA rule besides moving the 3pt line. College shooters are bad enough as it is. I'm also okay with keeping the shot clock as it is, I think.

But freedom of movement, a wider lane, and defensive 3 seconds need to be a thing.

He'll be making more from Tik-Tok by year four than the #1 pick. Might be a bigger risk of losing him to the entertainment industry than the NBA.

I thought McCain looked terrific though. Most of his threes were close misses, but he just generally looked like he knew how to play. Super quick and all over the court on both ends, and seems like he processes the game several steps ahead. Always seemed to make the right move, cut, etc. Ran point for the west down the stretch despite beginning the game near the end of the rotation.

Stewart did some fun things when things opened up (including an incredible block in the last minute), but I came away a little less optimistic on his prospects for having a major role next year. This was kind of an ideal setting for him, but since he's neither long nor very built right now, he didn't have a huge presence around the rim when things got more physical. Might be a year or two away from being a consistent force, but will be a fun piece if he sticks around.

Mgbako... well, he's got a great frame, and he looks like an NBA player when just jogging around. That's about where his positives ended tonight, though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom