Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HS All-Star Games

Also, Lively's on-court mannerisms remind me so much of Chase Jeter. Like, when he gets a rebound and does the wide-legged-butt-out clearout thing. I swear, it's uncanny.

Man, I'd totally forgotten that Lively used to do this. Kudos to the coaches for successfully breaking him of this disgusting, awkward habit, like a dog that drags its butt on the rug, and replacing it with his triumphant Simba-hold of the ball while striding elegantly out of the rebounding scrum.

I still don't see why Stewart can't be the "center" alongside Flip. Seems like the perfect frontcourt complement to him, really.
Exactly. It's baffling to me how no one on TDD, from management on down, can wrap their heads around the idea of Stewart playing center.

There is literally a team from our conference in the Final Four with a 6'7" center. Elton Brand was only 6'9". NBA teams close playoff games with 6'8" guys at center. Justise Winslow played center in a playoff game for the Miami Heat. He's listed at 6'6", but I believe he measured at like 6'4.5" at the combine.

Can Mgbako play center? DReb 22% and 33% 3pt would be quite good for a center at Duke. Maybe he just plays when Filipowski and Stewart are off the court if he would be a net negative at all other positions.

Last edited:
If I thought that Scheyer would bust out Flip or Stewart at the 5 when it really mattered, I'd be okay with throwing a traditional center out there to preserve those guys physically.

Then again, this whole post is stupid because "when it really mattered" is a dumb phrase. All basketball minutes against good opponents matter. I feel like Ben Taylor talks about "crunch-time fallacy," though he may call it something else.

I know they're only all star games but you can't help but be excited with McCain and Stewart. I had no clue that Stewart had that kind of leaping ability, jesus.

McCain's a pest on defense. Has some physical limitations, but moves his feet.
If Scheyer really is a defensive guru, this gives him something great to work with. Sounds like he has good fundamentals and a high effort level. Scheyer can scheme around the physical limitations.

I'm high on Stewart. He may be raw offensively but he is a Zion level athlete.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom