Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jacob Grandison

If we really want to give Scheyer the benefit of the doubt, it's believable that the Duke higher ups asked him to make a concerted effort to take transfers from Harvard/Princeton/Yale/Stanford/MIT/Caltech... Columbia/Northwestern each offseason, in exchange for continuing to have their support to recruit and admit OADs. I wouldn't expect the practice of taking 1-2 of these guys every year to end, since it probably makes some old powerful people at Duke very happy, but the problem is Theo John and Jacob Grandison being so mediocre instead of great.

I didn't see the game tonight but it sounds like had a particularly poor outing? I've liked Grandison's defense and nothing on offense except corner threes. I don't want him shooting the ball anywhere but the corner. I don't care if it's a wide open layup, I still don't want him shooting unless it's corner threes. Defend and shoot corner 3s, that's it.

I like Grandison but looking at his numbers from last year vs this year, you have to wonder if they are playing a totally different sport in the Big 10. He averaged 10 points on good shooting for a round of 32 team last year which seems inconceivable.

Theo John actually had more of positive impact in the NCAA Tournament than this guy did.

He's Patrick Tape tier.

Maybe we've been better off just randomly picking a SEC midget senior guard who can break a press and do the occasional blackletic finish in the paint or displayed a propensity to hit quick twitch fueled step back off the dribble shots like the transfers Wake and NC State landed.

If Scheyer is handcuffed by the admin from only taking portal players from schools with 1550+ average SAT scores then I’d rather he just stick to recruiting elite guards and not taking any in the portal.

Seems bizarre to me the admin would give practically free reign to recruit high school kids but would give a stiff arm to players that at least in theory have had college-level courses

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom