Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jacob Grandison

I predict Roach-Proccy-Whitey-Slim Jake-Lively will be the lineup that gets a 5-paragraph SMTTEM post in January for being far and away our most effective.
There will be a final paragraph about how the same lineup with Mitchell in place of Lively would hypothetically be even better if it had ever seen the court, but since it hasn
I went looking for more videos of him and found this.

It's funny how his perspective is the opposite perspective of this fanbase's. He's all like "Get rid of the old guy so the young guys can play." We're all like "Bring in an old guy so the young guys don't have to play."

It's a quick release, though. And pure straight at the rim mechanics with a fantastic follow through.

To compete for an ACC title Duke will need to match up with UNC. If UNC does not add Nance or another portal players, then they will have an edge on experience but the match ups will be pretty good.
5. Bacot will be a stud and will probably be backed up by 6-9 245 redshirt Soph Shaver. Duke will have Fr Lively, Sr Young and Fr Flip. Duke will not stop Bacot. Lively will need to hold his own defensively giving up a lot of weight and strength. I think the key is how Young can attack him offensively. I’d like to see employ a 5 out system vs UNC and get Bacot away from the hoop when Lively or Flip are at the 5.
4:UNC has a lot of players to throw in there. Leaky, Puff, McCoy, Styles.For them is the X factor of Washington who when healthy was a 5 star 6-9 215 PF and they can use Nickel too. Duke having Flip and Mitchell is solid. And Catchings as a small ball 4.
3. UNC will use many of the same players at the 3 as the 4. Duke will have a great match up with Dariq, Jacob and Mitchell too
2: Love and Dunn and Fr Trimble who at 6-3 185 can play on and off the ball. Duke will use Dariq, Jacob, Schutt and Proctor too. Maybe even Blakes
1: Davis, Trimble and Love will have the ball. Duke has Roach, Proctor and Blakes.

Although UNC has an experienced starting 5, their bench is unproven. I actually think Duke matches up well with Unc

You say we should go 5-out but your solution is Young? You realize he's a slow-footed center who shot 17% from three on 0.2 attempts, right?

Catchings will probably never play, and if he does it won't be versus UNC. It seems like you have both teams playing their entire roster for some reason.

When Flip or Lively are at the 5 I think Duke could go 5 out bc both can shoot and it will drag Bacot away from the lane. When Young is in, he’s good enough offensively to make Bacot work defensively. Look, Young had some really good games last year playing against very good Big Ten centers. Say what you want but unlike Theo John last season, Young was brought in to add scoring in the post.

"His ability to stretch the floor is key, but I think his best quality is he's a winner," Scheyer explained to the press at Media Day on Tuesday. "He knows how to play the game, and he knows how to make others better. He plays at a great pace. He's not about himself. He's not about his statistics; he's about one thing, and that's did we win or not. That's when you have a guy like that and he is somebody else that can defend really multiple positions. On the offensive end, he can space, he can drive, and he's a really good passer. I can't say enough about the impact that he's made so far for us. He's been terrific."

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom