Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Javin DeLaurier

You're too fast. I knew Newton made no sense for a bunch of reasons right after a posted.

'92-93 or '93-94?

Don't tell me it's T-Mo.

Collins, T-Mo and Blakeney was a helluva class.

The spine is labeled 1993, but you're right, that's confusing, given that it's for the 1992-93 season. Sorry to mislead.

There are several reasons the comparison is imperfect (e.g., DeLaurier can shoot from outside and likely won't flunk out for his last semester), but the worst-case non-Hairston comparison for an athletic 6'8" guy who blocks shots is Antonio Maurice Moore.

Jacobs' article (He literally had an article for every player in the conference. This was so fantastic) does quote some people saying that there were questions about Moore's readiness given that he'd played in a private school league in D.C.

childress22 said:
aiw said:
Collins, T-Mo and Blakeney was a helluva class.

We were only coming off back-to-back titles. No big.

Only 6 of 8 at that point. There was 1 more to go before the fall.

Also just to note, Blakeney (who was actually my first favorite Duke player) didn't come in with those guys. He came in two years prior, with Grant/Antonio/Marty Clark/Christian Ast, and he redshirted his first year, putting him on the same schedule as the Parks/Meek class.

Kenny? I think he graduated in 1995 with those other guys, but he did have an academic suspension the previous season.

I watched Duke basketball back in 92-93 and I have no idea who Antonio Moore is.

T-MO! I always thought he looked a bit like a Brontosaurus.

Tony Moore is #30 below:

tim_duncan_1995_01_11.jpg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back