Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jeremy Roach

He infuriated me to the point I never wanted to see him play basketball again in the first half. Made me fall back in love with him again in the second. Crazy relationship we have.
I'm watching it back now and have to disagree with this reaction. He was missing shots in the 1st half, but he was generating great looks for himself. I was actually surprised at how easily he was able to turn the corner.

Yes, he had a few turnovers, but so did everyone. He also had some great defensive plays.

Is there any hope he comes back? Heart says I want him here. Head, not as sure.

47/43/86, a nearly 3-to-1 assist-to-turnover, 125 offensive rating, solid defense for his size, BPM of 7.4.

If you think anyone else we can conceivably retain/add besides McCain is coming close to that, you seriously lack historical perspective.

Probably irrational, but part of me hopes this tilts him a bit back towards returning. Rough way to go out if that was it.

He's been a great player for us, but most fans probably won't remember him all that fondly. His awesome FF run was drowned out by The Great Shame, and his game today was kind of his last few weeks in a nutshell. Not horrible, but not the player he can be, with some really frustrating moments.

I mean, would it be SO bad to get paid 7 figures to redefine your legacy doing the redeem team circuit for a year as a rock star before you drift into obscurity overseas? Come on. This should be easy.

The only thing I can think of is that Jon didn't want to get Keels'd, and needed Jeremey's decision now, not after he's gone through the draft process or w/e. Still, kind of baffling.

The decision was already made for Roach when Scheyer tabbed Foster as his preferred guy for next season. Tough business. That’s the tradeoff for the players in this player empowerment era - coaches can essentially cut them at any time for another player who wants to exercise their power to enter or stay in the program.

Scheyer is shooting for the moon, making all the higher ceiling choices, and it’s a side of him I didn’t think we’d see this early. He’s probably just as sick as fans are of Hurley making him and his program look like middle school by comparison.

It's highly likely that Roach is a better player than Foster next year. I also don't see why they were mutually exclusive. They managed to coexist last year with McCain on the roster too.

I mean there's no way it's as simple as Scheyer literally "choosing" Foster over Roach? I thought SMTTEM was just posting his usual tongue-in-cheek. I know we'll never get the full story on background but there's obviously extenuating circumstances beyond that

Scheyer was able to use 3-guard lineups last season to distribute PT more reasonably (and because it’s more advantageous for winning games). He won’t have the luxury of playing anyone but Flagg at SF next season. This has certainly been communicated to the players, so they know there’s only going to be PT for 2 returning guards, plus Gillis coming in.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom