Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Khaman Maluach

And they were on the wrong side of the 25 point spread

ESPN is saying these games are in Cairo, and he’s playing in Brooklyn tomorrow? That’s a 12hr flight. Anything better than looking terrible tomorrow would be impressive. Back to back to back games with a 12hr flight before the final game.

I'm coming around on him. I was worried he could turn into a Skal/Bradshaw type bust. But if he's playing against 30 year olds, which I got to believe is higher level of competition than HS aged basketball in the US.

Then I think he will be a bigger Yves Missi, who put up .622 TS%, 14.6 OR%, 7.3 BLK%, at 23 MPG. If he can duplicate those numbers it's going to be a good year.

Last edited:
I'm coming around on him. I was worried he could turn into a Skal/Bradshaw type bust. But if he's playing against 30 year olds, which I got to believe is higher level of competition than HS aged basketball in the US.

Then I think he will be a bigger Yves Missi, who put up .622 TS%, 14.6 OR%, 7.3 BLK%, at 23 MPG. If he can duplicate those numbers it's going to be a good year.

This is Egypt man, they haven't won anything in 2500 years

He looked virtually unplayable at the Nike hoops summit.

So pardon me if a game against overmatched sheep herders and coal miners doesn’t exactly change my expectations after seeing him play for the first time against NBA athletes and a heightened level of physicality.

I do like that he seems to try to dunk almost everything around the basket. If he can rebound, block shots and dunk 3/4 times a game, that would be useful.

Here he is playing against Libya, putting up 16 pt 19rb 7 blocks .
And before you say "it's Libya", the guy he went up against is Jo Acuil, a 7footer who was All Big12 in 2018 for Baylor, putting up 14 pt, 9 rb, 2 blk as a senior that year, who's now a 29 year old sixth year pro who has played in the Israeli League and Australian League.
He's not going up against plumbers and firemen.

I watched this entire replay, like a fucking psycho. Looks like all of the games get archived on the YouTube channel. Second half was a lot better than the first for him.

I do wish he was going to be in Durham this summer. Just some basic coaching stuff like keeping his hands high will help a lot.

One encouraging note - #41 in black is a 7-footer who was 3rd Team All-Big 12 for Baylor in 2018.

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom