Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Locked this shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topher

All American
Aaron Rouse is a cocksucker.

Rip Em Up, Tear Em Up, Give Em Hell, Duke!

Updating GoDuke news feed:
[footballnewsfeed][/footballnewsfeed]

Re: Duke (5-1) @ Virginia Tech (3-3)

2006. Never Forget.

medium_blueribbon1.png

Duke (5-1) @ Virginia Tech (3-3) is really strange to look at.

Shock the world tomorrow!

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Only sadness will come from this.

I just can't picture 4PM not involving massive disappointment. Going to need you to work some miracles on the game thread.

SMTTEM's reverse-jinxes have been money recently.

I think this is stronger than SMTTEM's reverse-jinxes.

I'll be watching attentively, but I don't think this is gonna be pretty.

I honestly feel pretty good about this game, so we'll see how all the metaphysics of fake jinxing plays out. I envision it coming down to a Renfree drive at the end, needing a TD to win, after really conservative play calling by Beamer with the lead all game. Probably F'd.

Ahhhh it's fucking GAMEDAY!

Ledewwwwwwwwwit DukeGang

I'm so hyped for today. Believe we have a chance but we're prolly gonna get raped.

Duke should be swagging big time at the beginning.

I forsee tackling as a an Achilles all day

Tackling could be a problem for both teams. I expect VT to win and would not be surprised if its a convincing win. Just remember, VT is a different team on the road than at home, so just because they got spanked last week doesn't mean Duke can't win vs UNC if they lose to VT. Its a big game, but this is one of the few where a win for Duke would have much much more impact than a loss.

I still say, if we keep it close and somehow get a lead in the 2nd half, if the VT offense struggles, they will make mistakes.

Heather Dinich wrote:

Four teams have a bye this week, so there are only four conference games. There are still plenty of plotlines to keep an eye on. Here’s a look at what to watch in Week 7, in no particular order:

1. Duke’s bowl eligibility. The Blue Devils are the only team in the ACC that can become bowl eligible this weekend, and a win at Virginia Tech would be historic for Duke’s program. At 5-1, Duke is off to its best start since 1994, which also is the last time the program went to a bowl game.

2. The Coastal Division standings. Miami and Duke are the only two teams still undefeated in league play, and they both have tough tests this weekend. Miami hosts North Carolina, which already has one conference loss but is ineligible, while Duke travels to Virginia Tech. The Hokies already have lost to UNC, so another Coastal Division loss this weekend would create further separation in the race.

3. Florida State’s attitude. How do the Noles respond from last week’s loss to NC State? Do they come out angry in the first quarter, looking to take it out on Boston College? Or do they start flat, and allow BC to hang around like South Florida did? There should be no sign of an upset, but it will be interesting to see how long it will take FSU to bounce back. Last year’s loss to Oklahoma turned into a three-game losing streak.

4. Virginia Tech’s defense. North Carolina’s 48 points against the Hokies last week were the most Virginia Tech has ever allowed an ACC opponent. This is not what Virginia Tech fans are used to seeing from defensive coordinator Bud Foster’s groups. The Hokies will have a legitimate test against Duke, which has the No. 4 scoring offense in the ACC and leads the league with fewest sacks allowed.

5. Miami’s rushing defense vs. Giovani Bernard: The UNC sophomore is averaging 9.1 yards per carry, and rushed for 262 yards last week against the Hokies. Miami’s rushing defense is No. 116 in the country, allowing 250 yards per game.

6. UNC’s defensive line vs. Miami’s offensive line. The Canes have allowed just one sack -- Sept. 29 against NC State -- in the past four games. During that span, the Canes have averaged 492.8 yards of total offense. UNC senior defensive tackle Sylvester Williams is third in the ACC with five sacks, and UNC is fourth in the ACC with 2.5 per game.

7. Turnovers in Charlottesville. Virginia has struggled to create turnovers this season and ranks 119th in the country out of 120 teams in turnover margin. They have gained three and lost 15 this year. Maryland hasn’t fared much better. The Terps are No. 115 in the country in turnover margin, having gained eight and lost 16. Something’s gotta give in this game.

8. Play-calling in Tallahassee: Think you can do better? Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher came under scrutiny this week following the Noles’ loss to NC State. It’s easy to play Monday morning quarterback, but were the Noles too conservative in the fourth quarter with the game on the line? FSU fans likely will be keeping an eye on what adjustments the staff, including defensive coordinator Mark Stoops, makes this weekend.

When was the last time we beat a big program? I don't count Georgia Tech as a big program, though they obviously aspire to be one.

Clemson '03 on that Matt Brooks line drive?

I want a girl that treats me the way Heather Dinich treats Duke Football

bfactor said:

The years where our only offense was Drummer on a triple reverse every other game

Rollins said:
bfactor said:

The years where our only offense was Drummer on a triple reverse every other game

Do you remember rushing the field after that game? One of the greatest games ever. Come on Duke...first game I'll have to watch from the West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back