Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Mo Bamba

Toph, I understand if you want to keep it off the public board, but can you please PM me what you heard? Thanks.

I don't care what Kevin says,

Foot problems. Ours!

Last edited by a moderator:
After watching the Peach Jam I am now firmly in DSon's camp of prefering Bamba to Carter. Hopefully it is not either/or. Carter gets us Trent and Knox. Hopefully Green helps with Bamba and Gak.

Did you guys watch the game today? Was it a reasonable representation of his defensive impact?

The ~half I saw was extremely disappointing. He had the length to challenge every shot, but he just sat there and watched the layup line. Also got outmuscled pretty much any time he had to mix it up for fight for the ball.

Both he and Green (and the whole team) way underperformed compared to their usual level of play. I guess they were tired from the comeback last night (though Bamba wasn't particularly great in that one either). They played well for about five minutes and then Mokan turned into the Warriors and they folded.

Pantone287 said:
Did you guys watch the game today? Was it a reasonable representation of his defensive impact?

The ~half I saw was extremely disappointing. He had the length to challenge every shot, but he just sat there and watched the layup line. Also got outmuscled pretty much any time he had to mix it up for fight for the ball.

It wasn't.

PSA is pretty much a 2 man team, Bamba and Green. I imagine Green was wiped after the previous day and Bamba is fresh off a foot injury that kept him from going with the FIBA team. As I said before the game, there's no one on the PSA team who can defend Porter.

What's the word on this guy? I guess the fact that there hasn't been a post since July is a sign.

ChibCU said:
What's the word on this guy? I guess the fact that there hasn't been a post since July is a sign.

I think he will play the recruiting game and ultimately end up at Duke when Marques turns pro. He is a smart kid and I can't see him choosing Kentucky.

UK frontcourt may be crowded for 17/18, so it is quite possible he does not go there

sorry - I made a mistake on my earlier post, edited to correct the date

best4heisman said:
Maybe I'm misreading your post, but plenty of smart kids choose Kentucky.

Right, but there are different levels of "smart."

There are not many kids who attend MIT sports analytics conferences and consider Harvard for basketball (although they are not a serious threat to Duke, as Duke provides the best of both words: excellent academics and athletics).

I have confidence we'll get Mo. :)

torontoduke said:
UK frontcourt may be crowded for 16/17, so it is quite possible he does not go there

This has not been a deterrent in the past for Cal.

AxeS24 said:
best4heisman said:
Maybe I'm misreading your post, but plenty of smart kids choose Kentucky.

Right, but there are different levels of "smart."

There are not many kids who attend MIT sports analytics conferences and consider Harvard for basketball (although they are not a serious threat to Duke, as Duke provides the best of both words: excellent academics and athletics).

I have confidence we'll get Mo. :)

There are supposedly handlers involved, which is never a great thing.

KAT is kind of brilliant if you listen to him speak. Not sure what his academics were like, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a stellar student.

And Quade Green is his best friend. These articles are the same every year

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom