Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Music

Been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac. Still not sure how much I love them, but man, Rumors sounds sooo good (especially the 2004 remaster). This song is in constant rotation as a reference track for my own music.

I just laugh when I watch stuff like that. My mind doesn’t work that way to play that, and I don’t even know if I could make that pathway in my brain with months of practice.
Yeah, it's like we're benchwarmers at some mediocre D-II school and he's LeBron James. In theory it's the same sport, but not really. The more I record my own music, the more I accept my technical limitations and simply focus on the songwriting and playing the simple parts I write as cleanly as possible.

Been listening to a lot of Fleetwood Mac. Still not sure how much I love them, but man, Rumors sounds sooo good (especially the 2004 remaster). This song is in constant rotation as a reference track for my own music.

Stevie Nicks' voice is so iconic. This song and "Rhiannon" do a great job of capitalizing on it.

When I was a kid, you could not escape this album. I think it stayed at number 1 for nearly a year. Also, easy as fuck bass lines.

Yeah, a lot of it is just quarter note hits with the bass drum. That part at the end is kind of fun to play. Would be perfect for a kid who'd been playing for six months or so. Sort of the equivalent of what Nirvana bass lines were for my generation.

Didn't really get into it until earlier this year when I watched that Classic Albums documentary on it.

Do any of you elderly on this board listen to Joni Mitchell? Been listening to Hejira. Oddly, the least appealing part of it to me is Jaco Pastorius's bass. It works on some songs, but on others I find it really obtrusive and the tone obnoxious. I never really got the Jaco love, tbh. Joni's music and lyrics are amazing though.

Last edited:

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom