Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Sure, this Australian kid can command a floor with his clever passing, but can he Scottie Barnes as well as Scottie Barnes can Scottie Barnes?
Of all the projected lottery picks, Scottie Barnes might be the one I understand the least. When will teams stop reaching for defense-only players in the hopes that they learn the more important aspect of the game?

I'd much rather gamble on an elite offensive player becoming a competent defender. And you can hide a bad defender. You can't hide a bad offensive player because the defense will literally ignore them. I'm not saying it won't work out with Barnes. It just seems like a bad use of resources.

@rhfarmer I'm listening to a draft podcast. The scout on there is really high on Butler and not as high on Mitchell. Has Butler at #11 and Mitchell in the 20s. So at least one person who does this for a living agrees with you.

If history holds, Memphis will draft Butler in the 20s and it will look like a steal.

Last edited:
I honestly shouldn't have made any negative points about Mitchell. He could be a great leader and a fine teammate and I would still prefer Butler.

The scout compared Mitchell to a glorified Patrick Beverley, which I thought was a bit pessimistic. I do think that the value of on-ball defense is consistently overstated, so that might be a reason to be wary of Mitchell. The scout seemed to think that his ability to get to the rim wouldn't translate to the pros.

Said he was underrated as a pick and roll playmaker. Said he could shoot off of movement and score some off the bounce. Pointed out that he could have left last year but returned this year and really improved as an isolation scorer. Talked about how he can hit iso stepbacks and how valuable that kind of shot creation is in the NBA.

Said he would work best on a team that had another primary creator, especially a primary creator that didn't operate from the guard position. Talked about pairing him with a Simmons or a Tatum.

This big board is one of the most deranged things I have ever read. I'm especially disturbed by Askew being in the Top 10 after a completely ineffective freshman season. He also did not enter the draft.

And I thought nbadraft.net was bad with their desire to be different for different's sake. Having Scottie Barnes #1 is just preposterous. I can only hope it's clickbait and not a real opinion.

The Zion SLAM NFTs don't really trade. I have only sold one and only have one other listed. I'm not really sure what to do. All I know is relative to TS it should go for much higher based off scarcity and the fact that it's sponsored by Zion. But then I remember that TS is all inherently worthless too and I get confused

The natives are getting really restless now in Rupp Rafters. I don't think it's more than a season or two before Calipari takes a front office job with the KY Knicks.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom