Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Really seems like the Suns are going to trade for Miles Bridges. I hope that doesn't happen. He's a 21-point ppg scorer who shoots 36% from three on good volume and has the size and mobility to be the wing defender Phoenix needs. It would make them the favorites, imo. Plus, it would probably mean Grayson Allen gets shipped out to Charlotte. Their salaries match almost perfectly.
I think Little + a minimum is more likely from a salary-matching perspective.

Really seems like the Suns are going to trade for Miles Bridges. I hope that doesn't happen. He's a 21-point ppg scorer who shoots 36% from three on good volume and has the size and mobility to be the wing defender Phoenix needs. It would make them the favorites, imo. Plus, it would probably mean Grayson Allen gets shipped out to Charlotte. Their salaries match almost perfectly.
I think Little + a minimum is more likely from a salary-matching perspective.
Possibly, especially since Grayson is more valuable to Phoenix than Little.

I think it kind of depends on which player Charlotte prefers though. Phoenix doesn't have much of anything to offer in the way of picks. Charlotte may prefer one player over the other. I guess Little is more of a Miles Bridges replacement positionally, plus he's younger, so there's still more theoretical upside.

But even if they do prefer Little, it means a reduced role for Allen. He'd be coming off the bench (though Booker, Beal, Allen, Bridges, Durant lineups could be unguardable at the end of games).

Last edited:
Doesn't really change the main point. I think Bridges would make a huge difference for them and negate some of their concerns with depth. The center position is still an area of weakness, but when you're adding a 20-ppg athletic wing to a roster with three of the best scorers in the NBA, I'm not sure that matters. I imagine he'd be absurdly effective as the 4th option.

Speaking of Charlotte, it seems they actually did something right for once in selecting Brandon Miller. Here are his last five games. The core of LaMelo, Miller, Mark Williams is really pretty good if LaMelo could ever stay healthy. Even PJ Washington is a nice piece on a nice contract who fits with those other three.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 8.06.21 PM.png

I've heard the Bridges to PHX stuff too, but why does Charlotte do that? I think Phoenix has 5 seconds to trade, is that really the best they could do?

I think that might be the best they can do, given the off the court stuff. Bridges is UFA this offseason, so might as well get something for him. Pistons are going to offer him close to a max deal.

I've heard the Bridges to PHX stuff too, but why does Charlotte do that? I think Phoenix has 5 seconds to trade, is that really the best they could do?
Bridges' value is next to nothing given his off-court stuff. There's a reason he only got $8 million when he previously looked like a max guy. Most teams won't touch him.

If you can get either Allen or Little back along with some 2nds, I think it makes sense for Charlotte to do it. Both Allen and Little have some value.

The only other team that I've heard about being willing to take Bridges on is Dallas. This is a Dallas organization that had a famously misogynistic workplace for years and also traded for Kyrie Irving. I don't think they care about PR.

Obviously, if he were to play at an All-NBA level for a full year or something, you'd start seeing more teams being willing to punt on their moral stance and trade for him.

Another fake contender that can’t beat Boston in a playoff series. East is kind of falling into shambles outside of Celtics and maybe the Knicks

If you can get either Allen or Little back along with some 2nds, I think it makes sense for Charlotte to do it. Both Allen and Little have some value.
Grayson's really valuable to the Suns, and has suprisingly good on-court chemistry with their other guards. He's also a UFA at the end of the year. I have to assume both the Hornets and the Suns would rather it were Nas Little included in the trade.

Another fake contender that can’t beat Boston in a playoff series. East is kind of falling into shambles outside of Celtics and maybe the Knicks

I fear the Heat far more than the Cavs.

The thing no one is talking about with the Cavs: they've done most of this without Mobley and Garland. Yes, they're back now. But there's been significant minutes staggering going on. That's fine for now, but what happens when you get to the playoffs? Don't you need your four best players to actually make up your best lineup? It's just a poorly constructed roster. There's a reason Mitchell, Allen, and shooting has been more successful.

Zion committing some serious Duke-on-Duke crime each possession in the 4th quarter

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom