Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Yeah, I don't get it. He's so bad defensively, or at least I've seen a lot of videos of him mailing it in on plays. I always liked Finney-Smith on the Mavs (recognizing that he's not as good anymore), but I wished they would've gotten someone more in that mold.

Yeah, I don't get it. He's so bad defensively, or at least I've seen a lot of videos of him mailing it in on plays. I always liked Finney-Smith on the Mavs (recognizing that he's not as good anymore), but I wished they would've gotten someone more in that mold.
I mean, look at what the Suns got Royce O'Neale for. Also, I'm sure Finney-Smith was available. Neither are amazing players at this point. But why burn one of your remaining best assets?

The Pelicans never play well on national TV. It doesn't help that they're always matched up with the Lakers. It's a bad matchup for them, and the game is almost always more important to the Lakers because they Lakers are always in a state of crisis.

Ugh, and the fucking Kings and Suns will not stop winning either. I wish very bad things on the Kings.

Duke will struggle tomorrow. Probably a loss.

Oh, Celtics Heat is Sunday
Yeah, I always forget that the world considers 12am a new day. For me, the next day starts when: 1) the sun comes up or; 2) I wake up. When I see a schedule that says "Tomorrow," I sometimes fail to take that into account.

I was also drunk.

The fucking Warriors are like chlamydia.

That Steph game winner was ridiculous though. They're still nothing to worry about, this is what they do now - look good to great for a few games and then they'll follow it up with a longer stretch of terribleness. Can't see them getting higher than 7/8 seed, their collective health is too fragile.

My friends and I were at an Irish Pub at New York-New York and they had the game on. Entire place went wild after Steph made it. Would've been a fun experience even if it had been the Suns making it. There's something fun about experiencing a moment of sports greatness with friends and strangers as long as it isn't unc winning something.

Well, like I said to you before, I'm not worried about them winning a title. I'm worried about them taking a playoff spot from another team I would rather see in the playoffs (New Orleans, Dallas, etc). They were in 12th place and four games below .500 like a week and a half ago.

This was not called a travel. Refs miss travels, I get it. But the fact that this is being represented as a highlight is what annoys me. You can find 3-4 of these in any Giannis game.

The gather step rule just makes calling travels so difficult. You have to be certain that his right hand is under the ball before his left foot plants to call that, and it's pretty close in real time, esp given how lax they've gotten with the palming rule.

There's a social media trainer guy in Raleigh, who I kind of love, who keeps unintentionally making great arguments for how absurd the rule is. One of my favorites:

Last edited:
The gather step rule just makes calling travels so difficult. You have to be certain that his right hand is under the ball before his left foot plants to call that, and it's pretty close in real time, esp given how lax they've gotten with the palming rule.

There's a social media trainer guy in Raleigh, who I kind of love, who keeps unintentionally making great arguments for how absurd the rule is. One of my favorites:

It's not the step-through that bothers me. It's all the steps that happen once he picks up the ball before the step-through. I'm not sure what you mean by "left foot plants." What I see is a bunch of steps back and forth from left and right foot with neither clearly being a pivot foot. What do you mean by one of them "planting"?

The step through irritates me even though it’s never called. It’s clearly leaving the pivot foot and taking an extra step before jumping.

Pretty perfect weekend of basketball. Orlando and NO won yesterday. Heat and Kings losing today means that Orlando and NO rise above them in the standings. Celtics also complete their season sweep of the Heat, and Tatum plays well.

Duke won too, but who cares about that.

Pretty perfect weekend of basketball. Orlando and NO won yesterday. Heat and Kings losing today means that Orlando and NO rise above them in the standings. Celtics also complete their season sweep of the Heat, and Tatum plays well.

Duke won too, but who cares about that.

Hopefully the Good Cycle lasts through tomorrow, allowing Duke to beat Wake.

Can a Duke loss start a bad cycle or does a bad cycle already have to be going on for Duke to lose? Cuz, if it's the first, win.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom