Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

I don't understand why people hate Tatum so much. He seems likable, so maybe it's just people hating a guy who has been on a contender for so long and is now easy to criticize for coming up short in the past.

I do think his relative standing in the league kind of dropped during this year. He doesn't look as critical to the team's success, and it feels like that showed in advanced stats. Plus, the league is just so talented right now, and a lot of other guys keep getting better (Shai, Brunson, Hailburton, even Luka defensively) while Tatum seems to have plateaued a bit.

Celts need to stop relying on Jaylen Brown initiating the offense from the top of the key - it is only resulting in sloppy isolation ball.

Feels like I've seen this movie before. Start passing the fuckin ball around.

Last edited:

We're on a crash course to a triple bye for Boston going into the finals, and Denver vs OKC in the Western finals. Need to hope Minnesota's size and defense is a unique bad matchup otherwise for Denver, in which case I would extent Boston's bye through the hoisting of the Larry O'Brien trophy

I've always wondered if those are fouls on the guy lying on the floor. Much appreciation to Kyle Lowry for proving that if you're lying down any contact is your fault.

I only hope we get to see the evolution of this, where one guy is feigning injury after a screen or pushoff, and a shooter kicks him in the head for 3 shots while he writhes on the ground.

I don't understand why people hate Tatum so much. He seems likable, so maybe it's just people hating a guy who has been on a contender for so long and is now easy to criticize for coming up short in the past.
You're more heavily criticized if you're constantly in contention without winning it all. It's better to not be in contention at all. That way you're the "lovable underdog."

Plus, Boston and Duke are both disliked in general.

I also think there's something pretty choppy and unappealing about his style of play. It's effective but it's a little mechanical. He's not a super athlete. He's not an elite shooter. He's not getting to the rim every time like Zion or Giannis. He's just a well rounded player who's very good at everything. People don't tend to gravitate toward those players. Paul George and Paul Pierce aren't well liked either, although you could argue that both of them have put their foot in their mouth far more often than Tatum.

This shit is all over my timeline. Does every player play this dirty, but Embiid’s the one everyone is witch hunting at the moment? Or is he really this terrible for the game of basketball?

Yeah not only is Embiid's style of play annoying to watch, but he's also an extremely dirty player.
In fact, I'd argue he's effectively worse than someone like Draymond due to what he actually gets away with, but for some reason, the general public (and refs) have turned a blind eye to his antics.

Interesting to me at least that the teams that could have been tagged as regular season overachievers are actually doing well in the playoffs. OKC, T-Wolves, Knicks, Pacers all look like they will advance. Magic might advance too. This tweet got me thinking about it:

Yeah I guess it’s a crisis for the NBA and its TV partners to have to transition away from the old guard. Which I think they should resolve by gifting the New York franchise a clear path to the Finals.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom