Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NHL

Impulse-purchased some tickets to the Sharks tonight and they may be the worst professional sports team in history, at any level.

Did get to see Sidney Crosby up close, probably for the first and last time.

Impulse-purchased some tickets to the Sharks tonight and they may be the worst professional sports team in history, at any level.

Did get to see Sidney Crosby up close, probably for the first and last time.

First team to give up 10+ goals in back to back games since 1965. They are astoundingly awful.

I’m surprised by how little legacy Crosby will leave behind. I always thought he would be remembered as the 2nd best ever, but now McDavid is clearly surpassing him and Bedard is supposed to be on a similar level. Hockey is evolving on the same kind of timeline as basketball, except the freaks in hockey are just extraordinarily skilled at any height rather than being really skilled for being gigantic.

Have seen it to a huge extent in golf. The reason that 20 years later there's no "Tiger Woods" of the modern game is that there are actually hundreds of him, trained from birth to be golf robots in an era of limitless data and high speed video. It's why GOAT discussions in any sport are so tiring. Training science marches on and margins get tighter.

Unless you're the Sharks, who I assume are sat in front of an old projector and watch Gordie Howe VHS tapes in lieu of practice.

My Dad has been visiting me this week and we went to our first Golden Knights game on Monday. It was a 3 pm start time and the arena was packed. Definitely lived up to the billing as far as being a game with a show/party atmosphere after that 1st VGK goal about 10 minutes into the game. Got to see Vegas captain Mark Stone get his 1st career regular season hat trick so that was cool. It was a great time, really enjoyed it. Just wish I could've gone to a game with my younger brother before he passed.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom