Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

I watched that game. He had a very quiet 27 points. Several times during the game, the announcers mentioned that he isn't a 3-point shooter. He did make back-to-back 3's at one point, but other than that he takes very few of them.
I didn't know this about him, and I can's say I was thrilled to learn about it. But hopefully it's something he'll be working on before he gets to Duke?

I watched that game. He had a very quiet 27 points. Several times during the game, the announcers mentioned that he isn't a 3-point shooter. He did make back-to-back 3's at one point, but other than that he takes very few of them.
I didn't know this about him, and I can's say I was thrilled to learn about it. But hopefully it's something he'll be working on before he gets to Duke?

He didn't shy away from putting up 3s in international play. It is a part of his game (along with FT shooting) he has to keep working on.

More from 247:

"Even though Reddish may have the highest upside in 2018, fellow Duke signee Barrett is likely the most versatile prospect in the class and has the safest floor.

There really isn’t a whole lot missing when it comes to Barrett’s overall game. At 6-foot-7 with a 6-foot-10 wingspan to go with terrific athleticism, the physical profile is there, but Barrett far from leans on them.

Offensively, Barrett has the handle and body control to get to the basket at will. He’s an outstanding passer and can even play on the ball due to his vision and unselfishness.

The lefty is respectable from three, even if it’s an area he can work on, while he’s very efficient from midrange – he has a pull-up and floater – and can get to the basket and finish above the rim.

Barrett is a high-level rebounder for the position and defensively has the lateral quickness and instincts to guard at least three positions.

The combination of Barrett and Reddish on Duke’s perimeter next season is almost unfair and the Blue Devil duo could very easily be the top two picks in the draft
."

https://247sports.com/Article/Analyzing-the-likely-one-and-done-2018-recruits-112260569

I dig the comments in the most recent 247 podcast about his defence - known to be a terrific on-ball defender.

Supposedly Cam and Zion take defensive plays off but RJ is the best in his class defensively. Hopefully we're talking Winslow-level, so he can offset that weakness.

Depends on who 'we' is, I guess.

Will Sartre provide me with the true answer to your question?

Last edited:
Watched R.J. again tonight.

25 points
6 assists
5 rebounds
1 block
7-12 FG
10-12 FT

He is pure sex leading the break- perfected the Eurostep. He's also an absolute maestro at getting to the foul line. Also- the scoring seems to come naturally and in the flow. He's like a good poet.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom