Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rosterbation Thread

PG- Tre Jones 32/ Cam Reddish 5/ Jordan Goldwire 3
SG- Gary Trent Jr 22/ Cam Reddish 8/ Alex O'Connell 10
SF- Cam Reddish 17/ R.J Barrett 15/ Gary Trent Jr 5 / Jack White 3
PF- R.J Barrett 17/ Zion Williamson 18/ Javin 5
C- Zion Williamson 8/ Marques Bolden 20/ Javin 10/ Robinson 2

Total mpg:
Tre Jones: 32
R.J Barrett: 32
Cam Reddish: 30
Gary Trent Jr: 27
Zion Williamson: 26
Marques Bolden: 20
Javin DeLaurier: 15
Alex O'Connell: 10
Jack White: 3
Jordan Goldwire: 3
Justin Robinson: 2

Points per game:

R.J Barrett: 16ppg
Gary Trent Jr 14ppg
Zion Williamson: 13ppg
Cam Reddish: 13ppg
Tre Jones: 10ppg
Marques Bolden: 6ppg
Alex O'Connell: 5ppg
Javin DeLaurier: 3ppg
Jordan Goldwire: 1ppg
Justin Robinson: 1ppg
Jack White: 1ppg

Total: 84ppg

One can't be asked to do a minutes and stats projection. It has to be spontaneous.
Well, when you get that feeling, this thread will be waiting.

I'd like to have Trent around next year for some much - needed shooting and leadership, but from a purely Koombiyah standpoint, I'd kind of be fine with Trent leaving and Montgomery going elsewhere.

That leaves a pretty unquestioned starting lineup of the 4 frosh + Queem, and solid big and guard backups of Javin and AOC, each of whom can sub in for any of the starters and still have a perfectly reasonable lineup.

Jack White should also be a perfectly fine 8th man as needed as a JR, who can also sub in at any position, more or less.

We'd also have a reserve "true PG" and 7-footer who should both be somewhat playable if needed. At worst, Goldwire/AOC/White/Javin/Vrank is a pretty well-distributed, experienced, physical blue team for practice.

I also think there's some value in everyone feeling like they have an important, defined role and not having to worried about disgruntled egos. That 10-man roster just fits pretty well.

And since I'm in this thread, I feel like, realistically, we'd see a distribution like this in real games:

Jones: 35-40mpg
Barrett: 35-40mpg
Reddish: 32-35mg
Zion: 32-35mpg
Bolden 15-25mpg

Javin: 15-25mpg
AOC: 10-25mpg
White: 0-10mpg

With the variance in AOC vs Bolden/Javin depending on how much we play Zion at the 5.

@Pantone287 I can feel the friction from that rosterbation all the way over on the coast.

I agree with nearly everything if Trent leaves .

The what if team:

Jackson 20/Thornton 20
Allen 30/Jackson 10
Kennard 35/Allen 5
Bagley 30/Jav 10
Carter 30/Bolden 10

How much better is that team than what we had this year? The defense obviously takes a hit. We wouldn't have Trent if Kennard and Jackson were back. Let's pretend Franks dad wasn't a greedy asshole, Thornton buys in and Kennard comes back at a chance to go top 10.

This would be Junior Thornton, though, not freshman Thornton. Probably a steadier hand.

Yep, he sucked, but playing for the same coach for 3 years in a row with similar faces for 2 of those 3 years can't hurt, right?

Right?

Yeah, I certainly think he would have been better at Duke than he was this year at USC. I mean, he was better as a freshman at Duke than at USC.

The what if team:

Jackson 20/Thornton 20
Allen 30/Jackson 10
Kennard 35/Allen 5
Bagley 30/Jav 10
Carter 30/Bolden 10

How much better is that team than what we had this year? The defense obviously takes a hit. We wouldn't have Trent if Kennard and Jackson were back. Let's pretend Franks dad wasn't a greedy asshole, Thornton buys in and Kennard comes back at a chance to go top 10.

I think Trent would still be here; he liked Duke for a long time, didn't take all his visits, and committed in November presumably assuming Luke and Frank would still be around (but that Grayson would probably be gone). Maybe Thornton still bolts in that scenario.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom