Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Sean Obi

Thain said:
Re: Sean Obi
Post by Thain » May 28th, 2014, 6:46 pm
At 50 second mark it looks as if he catches the pass turns around to lay it up and actually lays it off the glass instead of making the wide open lay up. Am I seeing that wrong?

The signs were there. We just didn't want to see them.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
StopThePumpFakesShav said:
Re: Sean Obi
Post by StopThePumpFakesShav » April 24th, 2014, 2:16 pm
Let's hope he is more Joel Embiid and less Casey Sanders in that respect.

It was not to be, STPFS. It was not to be.
This was pretty true given time seen on the court due to injury

So many contenders now for worst thread on this board.

"Austin Nichols" is the obvious, almost too obvious, choice for #1 worst of all time.

Other contenders are "Derryck Thornton," "Sean Obi," "Duke Basketball 2016-2017," "UNC Basketball 2016-17," "College Basketball 2016-2017," "Duke Coaching," "Duke Bball Alumni" and, soon enough, "Mo Bamba."

"Austin Nichols" is the obvious, almost too obvious, choice for #1 worst of all time.

Other contenders are "Derryck Thornton," "Sean Obi," "Duke Basketball 2016-2017," "UNC Basketball 2016-17," "College Basketball 2016-2017," "Duke Coaching," "Duke Bball Alumni" and, soon enough, "Mo Bamba."

Uh, "Mercer Bears 3/21/14 12:15 ET", started by Slap the Floor, belongs in a special, special place high above the rest.

deepdarkblue said:

Uh, "Mercer Bears 3/21/14 12:15 ET", started by Slap the Floor, belongs in a special, special place high above the rest.

Back in the glory days when we could still brush off failures with "well at least UNC sucks too"

There were maybe two dozen comments in that Mercer thread that could've been pasted verbatim into the Duke Basketball 2016-2017 thread and none of us would've thought twice about it.

Weren't some people actually excited about when we got Sean Obi from Rice? Didn't he avg a double-double as a freshman? Always thought this was a complete waste of a scholarship.

I think I can speak on several folks behalf when I say we will all miss the rebounds he never fought for, the shots that he never took and made, the blocks he could never make, the dunks he never attempted, and the great effort he gave forth. We will miss the player we never saw.

I will miss his incredible fashion sense. Hopefully he's pursuing a career in clothing design catering to ginormous athletes.

The worst thing I ever saw in a player thread was rome8180 describing his experience watching full games of Derryck Thornton from high school. You could feel the uncomfortable twisting and warping in his mind of the images he was seeing to try to make it all seem fine, like Thornton was really the player 247, Scout and Rivals were telling us he was - the best point guard in his class, the future NBA All-Star, the second coming of Allen Iverson.

"Just spent another hour of my life watching a Derryck Thornton high school game... he looked like a flaming POS... again... I assume these are anomalies, though, since everyone can't be wrong about him... you can really see the potential... so fast and can really dribble a basketball..." We could all tell this was not good. We refused to believe it.

The most dapper, consistently injured player ever. His impeccable dress could not be denied and dragged us all the way to a championship. Too bad he started dressing out.

Also the first K fail on a transfer. Another obvious sign that either the GOAT is in decline or Nate is being taken more seriously. Either way, we're doomed.

I love me some Sean Obi, Male Fashion Model, but if I see anything this year that looks like Sean Obi, Competent College Basketball Player, I will lose it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate that the grad transfer thing apparently allows them to transfer within the same conference. And fuck Maryland.

I don't understand why any team would be looking to add a player that can't play

16621_922adf98-8fa4-44a3-8d0f-d0a0cf7c8451f.jpg

That's a player if I've ever seen one.

Maryland has gone from once top tier ACC program to weird B10 misfit/afterthought and repository for Duke's leftovers.

I like that whatever rivalry may have ever existed between Duke and Maryland feels long dead. Their fans are shitheads.

So were all the knee problems real, or did K just hate him for wearing a tux to the Final 4?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom