Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Should we do a Jabari chat?

Very exciting news. I really don't know a whole lot about him aside from TDD and the SI articles. In addition to being a great baller, seems like a great, thoughtful kid. Jay Williams compared him to Paul Pierce, which is pretty damn flattering.

The lineup possibilities would make the 13/14 team pretty dangerous (speed on both ends).

Was anyone on campus for his announcement? I remember hearing an anecdote that when Barnes picked UNC you could hear audible groans all throughout the dorm halls. Wondering if there was an opposite effect for Parker.

Parker's was certainly a hyped recruitment, but I don't think it was nearly as hyped as Barnes's. Ordinary people, who I know don't follow recruiting at all, were talking to me about that one afterward. Add in the fact that it was Duke-UNC it just became that much more hyped. Not to mention the impact it was supposed to have on each program, Duke supposedly being on the decline and needing Barnes to turn it around and UNC fresh off a title.

I was nowhere near Durham on the 20th, but I'd imagine the response was incredible for people watching in sports bars, etc.

DurhamSon said:
Was anyone on campus for his announcement? I remember hearing an anecdote that when Barnes picked UNC you could hear audible groans all throughout the dorm halls. Wondering if there was an opposite effect for Parker.

You could always hear audible groans from up around my dorm, BACK IN THE DAY

rhfarmer said:
DurhamSon said:

You could always hear audible groans from up around my dorm, BACK IN THE DAY
"UGGGGGHHHH thats it!?!?!?"

Barnes' announcement was much more followed in general because of the rivalry, I'd assume. Jabari had a bunch of schools that, while they are good programs, casual fans forget about unless we're playing them or it's time to fill out brackets.

DurhamSon said:

Was downtown watching the announcement. Pretty good size Duke crowd and everyone was cheering/ordering shots after the Duke shirt came out.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom