Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The Podcast Thread

As many of you may know, Gene Banks is the reason I fell in love with Duke basketball. Gene Banks has a podcast out, called the Bank Shot. Listened to the first episode today.

He's not gonna win any awards, but he fucking loves Duke, man. He was a carry over from Bill Foster, and played one season for K. At the end of the pod, he talks about K's first season at Duke and how K was already a great motivator and tactician.

It really is worth a listen, as it will really help you get how important Gene Banks was to Duke, and vice versa.

He was on Nolan Smith's Brotherhood livestream too. Good guy. Had some interesting stories about both Duke and the NBA.

Some topical recent sports podcasts:

Russillo had Kara Lawson on, and they talked a significant bit about Brad Stevens potentially coming to Duke. Simmons had Russillo on, and they talked a tiny bit about Brad Stevens potentially coming to Duke.

Redick had Stacey Abrams on, and she was very impressive. Kind of unbelievable, but not really, that she lost to the current governor of Georgia, who appears to be mentally handicapped.

If there's one guy I wish had been a Duke alum, it's Nash. I assume most people would pick Kobe or LeBron.

"Kevin can play all five positions and I plan to play him at all five positions."

I'll cop to enjoying some Rogan episodes. But a) he agrees with whatever his guests say and b) he promotes/platforms too many shitheads like Jones, Tim Pool, etc.

The thing about Rogan is he's just as likely to have someone from the far left on the podcast. He's had Sanders on, and endorsed him during the primary. But man, he's a weirdo intellectually. I get that he prides himself on his "open mindedness" but that doesn't have to include believing in total nonsense.

However, the left's vilification of him is counterproductive. There is a certain, not-insignificant subset of America that might be willing to vote for a Biden, but is so sick of being told they're Nazis for listening to Rogan (or similar choices) that they end up spite-voting for Trump.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom