Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Tyrese Proctor

This thread was on page 3. He's oddly not talked about here at all. I guess it's because his play is largely uninspiring.

I thought he had a good, low-mistake first weekend. But man does he miss a lot of open threes. I get that 4-10 against JMU is technically a good percentage, and I like that he got that many up. But it feels like he gets better and more open catch-and-shoot looks than any of the other guards. And yet he bricks them with high frequency if they're not in the corners.

After the way he wilted on the last possession against Wake Forest, I did not see those last few minutes coming.
Those are the types of games that make being a fan not completely suck. Seeing actual growth and the exorcism of past demons in real time, both individually and collectively, en route to a trajectory-changing win, is pretty awesome.

He's probably played himself back into the first round. It's funny, this run is simultaneously ensuring more of our fringe NBA guys leave while maybe also ensuring some of our transfer candidates stay. Winning solves a lot. When you come in as the #2 team and don't live up to that hype, I'm sure that creates a miserable atmosphere at times. But watching guys like Stewart, Power, and perhaps most importantly, Foster, on the bench last night, they seemed to be as invested as anyone. I think this might remind them, "Oh yeah, if I come back I could be part of something special" versus transferring and playing for a fringe NCAA Tournament team or whatever.

But he wasnt anywhere close to first round before this tournament though, and I'm not sure he's shown enough offensively to get him back to the first round.

I agree on the run mitigating transfer risk generally though.

But he wasnt anywhere close to first round before this tournament though, and I'm not sure he's shown enough offensively to get him back to the first round.

I agree on the run mitigating transfer risk generally though.
This draft sucks, and scouts way overvalue the tournament. He had a really nice offensive game vs JMU, and having 4 assists to only 1 turnover last night I would argue is still a strong offensive performance given the context.

No, he didn't start taking players off the dribble. But he's shown he can make threes, pass the ball, and defend his ass off versus tournament competition. I think that's enough for the 25th pick, especially considering his age.

On one hand, I could definitely buy the narrative of him being a threat from NBA 3 point range, great guard defense, and makes the right reads on offense. But it does give me hesitation about how he'll translate to the NBA when you probably could've cleared Houston's bench without finding someone he could take off the dribble.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom