Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2019-2020

How far does this team go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys like Johnson and Blackshear had been highly efficient players in major conferences. Guys like Keeling and Pierce are moderately efficient players (with materially worse numbers against good competition) in one bid leagues.

I don’t think UNC will be bad by any stretch but will be interesting to see how Roy fits all of these new guys into his system that haven’t played with one another and many of whom, whether freshmen or transfers, are taking a massive step up in competition.

Almost all of the CAA and Big South are sub 150 teams. Most of the CAA is sub 200.

I feel like the "best" grad transfer to hit the market ever was Reid Travis, and he was at best, just decent. I have a hard time believing their grad transfer from Charleston Southern (or wherever it is) is going to make some significant impact.

I'd say Cam Johnson had a bigger impact than Travis, especially considering he played two years at UNC. But like you, I'm not particularly scared of grad transfers from Charleston and William & Mary.

Was Cam Johnson a grad transfer? I thought he was a regular transfer that got a waiver because Stallings got fired.

How grad transfers from smaller schools look at high major schools seems to be impossible to predict. Matt Mooney and Joe Cremo had similar profiles and stats coming out of their smaller programs, but Cremo underwhelmed while Mooney was a solid starter.

Most of the rest of the big-name grad transfers last year were at best only half as productive in their new homes, even if some of their percentages held okay. Joseph Chartouny from Fordham also saw his defensive prowess transfer poorly to Marquette. Ryan Welage went from averaging 18ppg at San Jose State to under 7ppg at Xavier. The kid Boudreaux at Purdue averaged 17.5/9.5 at Dartmouth, but 5.2/3.2 in the big ten. Isabell (Drexel to St. Louis) went from averaging 21 to averaging 13, and some of his percentages dipped.

Oh wow a post from the future:

QrUjyTC.png

Also, I just learned that Coby White is 6'5" with a 6'4" wingspan. Ouch.

There's no advantage to being that size if you don't have the wingspan, unless he's going to get steals with his head. He might as well be 6'1".

There still may be something to be said on offense for having your shoulders and arms be located 4 inches higher when you're trying to get your shot off. Redick is pretty similarly built (6'4" with a 6'5" wingspan), but I'd imagine if he were 6'1" with the same wingspan he'd have a tougher time getting his shot off.

Kennard and most other whites are similarly NBA T-Rexes.

I'm imagining the opposite now. A guy who is 2 feet tall with arms that are each 10 feet long. Would this be a good NBA prospect? Staring into some defender's junk while trying to get shots off.

The worst thing would be to have really short arms and a really long neck or skull. Your shoulders would be lower, so you'd have the standing reach of a much shorter person. I may just be describing Marshall Plumlee.
What were Scheyer’s measurements? He looks to be short-armed and long-necked.

**Looks like his wingspan and standing reach were very short for his height - only longer/taller than players 3+ inches shorter in height.

1EB2E919-A500-4BD0-A401-1CB4D0780AA2.jpeg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom