Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UNC Basketball 2019-2020

How far does this team go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
One of my buddies has a son pitching for the Duke baseball team. I called him today and he was really bummed out that he won't be able to play again this season. It sucks for all spring sports. He was supposed to pitch against UNC this weekend.

He does have two more years of eligibility so maybe he can shine when he gets another opportunity.

So are these guys supposed to have any unexpected departures or are they shaping up for another juggernaut-type of season?

I see them as a Sweet Sixteen level team. Possibly better than us, probably about equal.

I still think they're top 10 next year. That front-court is absolutely loaded.
That front court is going to be really really good. The backcourt on the other hand doesn’t look so good. I expect Caleb Love to be pretty good but I don’t expect RJ Davis or Puff Johnson to be super impactful freshmen. Then you have Leaky Brick Black. There are a lot of questions in that backcourt. I don’t even think UNC needs the backcourt to be stellar. At least an average backcourt will make them much improved. Kenpom stats effective FG% 309 3 pt 306 FT% 265. Those numbers are absolutely gross. Even with all that. That 14-19 record should have been a 20-13 if they didn’t choke away multiple games. My guess for next year is 27-10 record getting knocked out in the S16

Does UNC have any players that aren't guards or bigs? I'm talking guys in the 6'6" - 6'8 range. Feels like Duke has a surplus of those while UNC has none.

Only ones that could qualify in that range are Leaky Black at 6’8 and Puff Johnson at 6’7

You could make a valid argument that Roy is the best coach of all time for being able to coach his team to national titles in spite of his own coaching.

MJ did way before Zion made it cool (apologies to old people who remember this, I had never seen it)

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom