Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weather Thread

We had some tornadoes overnight from the outer bands and about 5" of rain in SE Fla, but otherwise spared. A few power surges is about it. Tampa/Sarasota looks to be pretty rough, that's a wicked storm surge.

Hope you all stay safe that are impacted by the hurricane/tropical storm/whatever it is now.

The storm surge is just showing up here in Wilmington. My creek went from a foot deep to three feet and rising in about 10 minutes. So far we've been in a weird little minimal-rain pocket where the storm bands keep coming in north or south of us, so that's helping keep our local flooding to a minimum.
Looking at the radar, it looks like the Raleigh area is getting more rain than we are here. Thanks, guys!

This is the great thing about summer/early fall. Even when the weather is awful, it's still warm. Heading out into pouring rain when it's 42 outside is fucking miserable, I don't care how much you hate summer.

This is the great thing about summer/early fall. Even when the weather is awful, it's still warm. Heading out into pouring rain when it's 42 outside is fucking miserable, I don't care how much you hate summer.
Still prefer that to it being hot. So it appears your statement is not correct. I literally prefer every conceivable type of weather to the heat.

It's a beautiful 77 here, sunny with no rain in the forecast all weekend

Nice little breeze too

Orchard Park, which is where the Bills play, has received 66" of snow in the past 24 hours. That is more than Boston gets in a season (49"). They are supposed to get 6.5" more by tomorrow night, putting them over 6'.

Buffalo, which is 12 miles from Orchard Park, is supposed to get 10-20" more snow before Sunday.

That one got an audible "holy shit" from me. Good god that's an absurd amount of snow.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom