Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Worst ACC Officials

FoolishTarHeel

Star Player
Worst ACC officials. Let's hear em. I am fairly confident about two whose names will appear below, but I'm curious about others people come up with.

Jones is the bald black dude, kinda short and stumpy (to be fair it's hard to tell if he's a strong stumpy or a chubby stumpy).

les-jones-large.jpg

It starts with Karl Hess and ends with my boy Teddy "not a janitor" Valentine. Somewhere in between is Jamie Luckie.

I go back and forth between Hess and Valentine. Whenever I see one of them on the court I know it's going to be a frustrating UNC game for me to watch.

I think Ted Valentine is obviously the worst for Duke. But I don't know if that's because he is a bad official or if he just hates K/Duke for whatever reason (which I guess technically would make him a bad official since officials are supposed to be impartial). Other schools' fans might like him just fine; I don't really know.

Which Duke player did Valentine basically stand over top of and signal a block or charge? It was within the last 2 years I think. He loves the attention and feels like refs should share in the spotlight of the sport. He's a joke.

Rollins said:
NOD said:
Ted Valentine

He is the definition of inconsistency. Also seemed to spearhead the attention whoring ref era.

Lol. See Papparo, Dick. Probably predated him too

aiw said:
Dick Papparo and Lenny Wirtz

Thank you, forgot about Papparo. Wirtz was the worst in my book, mainly because he was never in position to make the calls he was making. Papparo, however, was basically trying to steal the show.

Might seem weird to complain about, but the refs tonight were embarrassingly bad both ways all night. They couldn't figure out who the ball went out off of. A WSSU guy dove to the floor, grabbed the ball and was laying out of bounds. Called a timeout and the ref, 2 feet away, gave it to him. The guy had half his body off the court.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom