Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

YOUR FINISHING 5

mbomb32

Role Player
To me starting five is more ego boosting but the five that finish is what is more important to me.

So what does that line up look like

G-Seth
G-Sheed
G-Amile
F-Ryan
F-Mason

I agree with Marley here. Unfortunately, it seems like this is also our starting five.

Quinn
Seth/Sheed (Equal time, regardless of who starts)
Amile/Murphy (Equal time)
Ryan
Mason

Doesn't matter who starts, but who finishes a game. i think any given game the 2/3 spots will be split pretty evenly with the better lineup per game finishing.

It's hard to imagine Murphy finishing many games if he doesn't show major improvement in FT shooting. (Yes, I know he technically hasn't even shot one in a college game yet, but from what we know from his exhibition showings over the last couple of seasons, he is a very poor FT shooter.) I'm hoping that Mason really has improved enough for us to leave him out there. It would be nice to have a great rebounder in when we're ahead late in the game.

Winning:
Tyler
Seth
Sheed
Ryan Mason

Losing:
Quinn
Seth
Sheed
Amile
Kelly

physicsfactor said:
It's hard to imagine Murphy finishing many games if he doesn't show major improvement in FT shooting.

Agreed. That's why i wasn't quite comfortable stating a finishing squad or really a starting one. Who plays at the end is really I think a situational decision. I mean, if we need to spread the floor and hold a lead, we go smaller with Quinn, Seth and Sheed. If we need rebounds and its tight, maybe Quinn, Seth/Sheed, and Amile at the 3. Maybe even Kelly at the 5 and Amile at the 4 with Seth and Sheed at the 2 and 3 respectively, similar to our end of game squeakers last season with 4 guards and Kelly.

TT, Mason, Kelly, ________, __________, depending on what we need.

On a defensive end of game possession, I'd like to see Thornton, Curry, Sulaimon, Jefferson, Mason by the end of the year, but I'm pretty confident Kelly is going to be in there at least at the beginning of the season while Jefferson works on help defense, which I assume isn't great yet. Maybe put Murphy in there instead of Curry or Sulaimon if Murphy proves to be a solid defender who can guard 3-4 positions. If so, with Murphy and Jefferson both out there, no one could run a pick and roll on Duke (think Kemba Walker with the Pitt big man trying to guard him).

I don't know about five but the best way to finish is a counterclockwise swirl

ddshog said:
I don't know about five but the best way to finish is a counterclockwise swirl
With a pinch, if you don't find that sort of thing too presumptuous.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom