Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Television

I think Conan's travel shows have always been great as long as you go into it realizing that everything's a pre-written "bit". It's not at all like Bourdain's more sincere cultural exchanges were.

His podcast is very good if you like his humor but also appreciate less scripted discussions, those run much deeper with some really interesting people, while still being light and fun.

baby reindeer on netflix is legitimately creepy. i say this as someone who finds scripted series to be an ineffective medium for dread compared to film. performance driven, not unlike if fleabag was conceived from a stalker/horror angle.

baby reindeer on netflix is legitimately creepy. i say this as someone who finds scripted series to be an ineffective medium for dread compared to film. performance driven, not unlike if fleabag was conceived from a stalker/horror angle.
Watching episode 2 right now. I can’t imagine how much crazier it can get.

Finished Baby Reindeer. I liked it ok, but the main guy wore on me over time. Obviously horrible things happened to him, and I felt bad for him. But at the same time I found myself getting more and more annoyed with his self-destructive behavior.

Caught this last week. The quip about having to join the union... There was another follow up interview with his “doctor” that’s also worth a listen.

Fortunately they've set up that show where the lead characters can easily change. Thought Maya Erskine was excellent so it would have been nice for her to stick around with another Mr. Smith.

Would be surprised to see NFL on any traditional networks after the current contracts end. In a bidding war, none of these old school broadcast companies stand a chance against Amazon, Apple or Netflix. Microsoft, Google and Facebook probably get involved, too, broadcasting via Twitch, YouTube and whatever weird Metaverse spectator thing Facebook has set up by then. The fact that NBC is going to take NBA games in these new negotiations tells me the NBA isn't appealing enough.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom